Go to footer

Tiny Bebe lady replica

They're too sexy for their clothing - but they have to wear them anyway! Did you buy it? Did you make it? Who cares - let'm strut their stuff here!

Tiny Bebe lady replica

Postby DollyKim » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:45 pm

Tiny replica Bebe face lady from the doll show, a Cathy Hansen design for those who want to make replica outfits without antique doll responsibilities. Aiming for a mid 19th century day dress, the skirt is good but I'm going to try the bodice again with less of a seam allowance. Drafting the patterns myself following the shapes of authentic people ones.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Tiny Bebe lady replica

Postby Tam I am » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:20 pm

So you're even using the authentic method when it comes to making her clothes.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Kattriella » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:25 am

I don't know why, but something about this doll is so charming to me. Her face looks so sweet. I want to pinch her little cheeks.
Kattriella

Postby DollyKim » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:29 am

Her whole reason for being is to make replica clothes, and the only official pattern I've ever seen is... They have the shape generally right but not the construction. Authentic pattern books made their way in to the physical and digital libraries and I've played around but this is finally an excuse to try and do it correctly.

Her face is kind of a generic "bebe" French doll from the later 19th century. It can come down to what size and hair and eye colors do you want. I didn't want the responsibility of an antique, she wasn't labeled a reproduction but you can tell she's not old old, but is from the turn of the 21st century. The maker is Cathy Hansen and there's a few more strolling around.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Tam I am » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:49 am

DollyKim wrote:Her whole reason for being is to make replica clothes, and the only official pattern I've ever seen is... They have the shape generally right but not the construction. Authentic pattern books made their way in to the physical and digital libraries and I've played around but this is finally an excuse to try and do it correctly.

Yeah. That general shape.
*nod*. Stuff I've read and watched in period novels and from people who study period clothing suggests that there were some patterns, but that many women could make an outfit by working from a finished outfit without taking it apart, or even just by knowing how to measure and construct, so that's why I said that I thought you were doing it the "right" way by drafting patterns yourself.

It's six in the morning and I got woke up by tummy ache, so I hope this made sense and doesn't sound rude.

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

Postby DollyKim » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 am

You're exactly right. And there were occasional patterns printed in public magazines but they were small and only gave the dimensions so you had to enlarge them, or it would be a tangle of overlapping shapes. Or you'd have to find a tailor's magazine. There were occasional draft at home books too.

I made another bodice and got most of it together and it does fit her much better. All my patterns are drafted without seam allowances and I'm more used to making ball joint sized clothes instead of smaller than Barbie at the moment.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Tam I am » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:56 pm

Do you ever watch Bernadette Banner? She's one of the YouTubers I mentioned.

Tam I am

Postby DollyKim » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:15 am

I've seen some of her stuff, along with Prior Attire and Karolina Żebrowska. I'm not going to go completely authentic on everything but I want to make a good attempt to at least have somewhat proper shapes and forms.

Other old fashioned projects will include soft dolls and some clothes form the Susan Sirkis books. I made an 1830s fake china head lady and have always wanted Little Women dolls. I also have the Worrell doll book which has a nice selection of historic clothes.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Tam I am » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:20 am

I doubt even a historical lady would have used all the same dressmaking things on a doll that tiny.
Or at least not all of them.

Tam I am

Return to Board index

Return to Fashionista Revolution