Go to footer

Customized late-90's TSUKUDA HOBBY ToHeart 1/5 Dolls

They're too sexy for their clothing - but they have to wear them anyway! Did you buy it? Did you make it? Who cares - let'm strut their stuff here!

Customized late-90's TSUKUDA HOBBY ToHeart 1/5 Dolls

Postby Tasuke » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:09 am

this is "HMX-12 Multi" (green haired) and "Akari Kamigishi" (Red Haired) of the late-1990's Anime "ToHeart" fame.

first off, the dolls' lips have been touched up, with TAMIYA COLOR XF-17 PINK plastic model pigment.
also, the tips of Multi's "Ear Antenna" housings (she is an experimental prototype Android)
have been painted with same model pigment.

their school uniforms have had all seams trimmed down of excess fabric, to allow a more natural fit,
and the VELCRO closures have been supplanted with two-piece sew-on metal snap closures.
the sleeve cuffs have been cut at the seam to allow snap closures and a tighter fit around the wrist,
and an entirely new outfit was made from scratch for Akari. Akari's socks, -which Multi now uses-
have had cute Pom-Poms made for them.

their undies, -Bralette and panties- have had lace and elastic trims added, crotch seams made,
and cotton crotch gussets added.

their accessories have been enhanced as well. Multi's Broom has had the original string loop hangar on the end
replaced with a metal hang grommet accurate to the look of her broom in the Anime.
further, the tip has had a separation line X-ACTOed in, and painted/finished in a metallic silver
to simulate a steel end cap, reflecting both the Anime's depiction, and the design of the usual garden variety Broom.

these are rare, oldish, and generally little-loved Anime dolls.
TSUKUDA HOBBY was a plastic and Vinyl model kit company
that produced a long line of finished Anime Dolls from several Anime properties that were popular in the late 90's.
unfortunately, their Chinese production factory seemed to have a nasty recurring habit of producing TH's doll product
with often annoyingly spotty QC, and some of TH's design choices for their Doll line's bodies did not help matters,
in many ways, TH's later doll body designs were very nice and ascetically pleasant. in many others, simply atrocious.

naturally, these dolls simply cannot hold up to today's VOLKS and AZONE offerings,
but i feel them special in their own way, and deserving of at least a little respect and TLC,
and i'm fairly confident that the TLC i've put into these ToHeart classics
quite probably makes them the finest examples of their kind to be found...
Tasuke
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Customized late-90's TSUKUDA HOBBY ToHeart 1/5 Dolls

Postby zirconmermaid » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:12 pm

They look wonderful!! I always wanted those two! I really love seeing them, and knowing that they are still loved! You did great work!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:06 pm

Both very cute! I particularly like the little sweetie with the green hair.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby -T2P- » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:39 am

They look really nice! I could tell immediately you'd improved the clothing's fit and i think the lip color makes them look way better.
-T2P-
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Fashionista Revolution