Go to footer

Amazing ebay find!

They're too sexy for their clothing - but they have to wear them anyway! Did you buy it? Did you make it? Who cares - let'm strut their stuff here!

Amazing ebay find!

Postby zirconmermaid » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:30 pm

I like browsing ebay, I get ideas and occasionally a really great deal. I found this beautiful outfit, specifically made for an Obitsu! It had a Buy It Now price of $80. And it looked absolutely worth that. It also had a starting bid of $20. I didn't have much dollieh moneys, but I put in the minimum thinking that I wouldn't get the outfit but I would give it a try. And nobody bid against me! So - here is Hazel in this amazing couture silk multipiece outfit. The seller is Lambskins, and she probably won't have much up for a bit. She is a retired fashion designer! The outfit has leggings and a dress of lace, a silk ruffled dress and a silk vest with a train (both lined!) and SHOES!! She made shoes! The shoes alone are worth what I paid.

It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Re: Amazing ebay find!

Postby oniakki » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:47 pm

That's a beautiful find you made there.
oniakki
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby WhiteDove01s » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:57 pm

You're right, the shoes are especially interesting. I'm guessing the little piece of clear plastic helps them stay on while making them look like there's less to the toe part? Very neat trick if so, and one I will have to remember...
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:27 pm

That's a wonderful find!

WhiteDove01s - I've seen human shoes using plastic like that too
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby WhiteDove01s » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:07 pm

ShortNCuddlyAm wrote:WhiteDove01s - I've seen human shoes using plastic like that too

I hadn't, but then... I only started paying attention to shoes in regards to my dolls. I've personally worn the same style of moccassin-flats since I was in middle school (I have short, fat feet, so when I found a comfortable style I stuck with em). XD
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Nella » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:44 pm

Wow, it's amazing! :D
Nella
the walls have dolliehs

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:50 pm

WhiteDove01s wrote:
ShortNCuddlyAm wrote:WhiteDove01s - I've seen human shoes using plastic like that too

I hadn't, but then... I only started paying attention to shoes in regards to my dolls. I've personally worn the same style of moccassin-flats since I was in middle school (I have short, fat feet, so when I found a comfortable style I stuck with em). XD

I'm not sure how I became aware of them as they're not the sort of shoes I've ever worn! (I have tried some heels and fashionable shoes, but they generally disagree with my ankles, my wide feet, my tendency to get blisters in anything that aren't basically either DMs and some walking sandals, and my preference to no walk on tiptoes all day). I think my mum might have had some years ago...
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby K2! » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:48 am

Hazel knows how to shop!
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Indigo » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:11 am

What a great purchase and a pretty nice deal! It's always cool when other people don't bid on something, isn't it? ;)
Live to Play, Play to Live!
Indigo
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Greyhaunt » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:52 am

I learned long ago that ebay over holidays is great for buyers, and sucky for sellers. If she'd listed that later in the year you probably would have had competition! Hazel is a lucky dollieh!
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Return to Board index

Return to Fashionista Revolution