Go to footer

2nd DS Sew-along and Sleepover Challenge

They're too sexy for their clothing - but they have to wear them anyway! Did you buy it? Did you make it? Who cares - let'm strut their stuff here!

Re: 2nd DS Sew-along and Sleepover Challenge

Postby Faydreams » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:04 am

Hehe, I've been working on so many different doll sewing projects I keep forgetting to take pictures.

Right now there is a Barbie scale jacket in the works like this one. It's part of an Ooak doll project for a friend.

ImageAmy's Ruby Witch Concept 2 by faydreams, on Flickr

I'm working on a reroot to go with that one. Next there is a jacket for a 25cm small bust Obitsu girl like this one.

ImagePirate Erin by faydreams, on Flickr

So far there have been one mock up of that one that has been too large. Fits the 27cm normal bust obitsu like a dream though. And lastly I'm working on a corset top for my Resin Soul Ju using this tutorial.

http://www.elvenhippiegypsy.com/Eyelets.html

I'm working on modernizing it a bit, and using brown embossed pleather. I've actually tested the mock up for this one and it worked with a lot of tweaking. Still the second version is nearly done and I'm happy with it.
The pen is mightier than the sword.... Unless this is a sword fight.
Faydreams
Dolly Pardon

Postby Jobee » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:12 am

I'm sorry, but I'm dropping out of this event. Comrade's going to be rehomed.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Tira-chan » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:10 pm

So I really want to make this outfit for my Azone 50cm Saber. I've already got a shirt that will work for it, and the skirt is pretty simple, right?

As you can see here, not so much. Her skirt is laced up in the back, instead of using a more normal fastener. You can kind of see it in the Volks version, though I think they put the laces in upside-down.

I'm not quite ready to start drafting a pattern yet; right now I need to get Saber's measurements and figure out how I want to size everything. I'll probably make up a test skirt out of some scrap fabric, in order to figure out how I want the waistband to work.
Tira-chan
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:13 pm

This still going?

If so... I'm hoping to make a set of Pajama's for one of my dolls, either a night gown, or long sleeve and pants. Specifically for my little Yo-SD's... Their dressed in sweaters and dresses now and their making me cold just looking at them!
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Linteia » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:49 am

Well, I'm still waiting for my little mermaid's wig so I can introduce her properly, but in the meantime I'm working on a few wardrobe pieces for her human body. And for the challenge, I've decided to make 2 sets of PJs for each MSD - one 'comfy' (a.k.a. storage outfit) and one 'sexy' (a.k.a. display outfit) - and a snugly footie PJ for Monica. The new girl is also getting PJs with her wardrobe but I haven't decided yet between a traditional shift style gown or a more modern two piece.
Linteia
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:15 pm

Alopecia No Hime wrote:This still going?

If so... I'm hoping to make a set of Pajama's for one of my dolls, either a night gown, or long sleeve and pants. Specifically for my little Yo-SD's... Their dressed in sweaters and dresses now and their making me cold just looking at them!

LOL - yes, although only two people have been very productive so far. I can't find my damn pattern so I'm momentarily stuck!
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Shyla » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:53 am

2 piece satiny pjs for my MH boys.

Not sure which fabric pattern to use though. ^.^;; The scale's a bit big for them, but it should work. The fabric is clearance v-day boxers. I was gonna use one pair for the MH boys and the other for something else. Currently drafting a pattern.
my tumblr
my flickr
Ciero (RS Mu), Viridia (Gem of Doll Snowy on Resinsoul Ai body), Celia (RS Sophia), Nerri (IOS Luce) and Valnar (IOS Jaguar)
Shyla

Postby WhiteDove01s » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:31 pm

I am not dead! And, surprisingly, I'm actually scraping together time to Do Things.

I'm a bit tired of diapers and onesies for now, so, if it's ok, I'm switching models for a bit. I'd like you to meet Candy:
She has a fashionista body now, though the head arrived here with a non-poseable bellybutton body. I'm not sure what specific Barbie the head was from, but she has some very strange color-change stripes in her hair.
Here's what she looks like after a few minutes in the fridge:

Anyhow, I'm still sticking with underthings, and after a bit managed to make a temp sort of sloper-master that I could use to draft four different variations on a basic plain panty pattern. Low-rise and hi-cut panties can happen later.

Here's Candy wearing a 'draft' version of the first of the patterns, and a ribbon for modesty:

I still have one tricky problem. I've never really worked with spandex before, and while everything went together fine, I popped stitches in the waist seam getting them on her. So, I need to learn how to sew stretch fabrics better.
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Greyhaunt » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:14 pm

I FINALLY found the pattern I wanted to start with!!! It was not where I thought it was LOL. So, I'll be making this peignoir for Sherris - a VMF 50cm :)

Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Shyla » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:38 pm

:oops: I got mine finished. The pic links to the album with my mock-up pics. :oops:

Also whitedove is a genius, thinned out glue is awesome for fabric stabilizing. (I can't bring myself to actually glue the pattern down though)

my tumblr
my flickr
Ciero (RS Mu), Viridia (Gem of Doll Snowy on Resinsoul Ai body), Celia (RS Sophia), Nerri (IOS Luce) and Valnar (IOS Jaguar)
Shyla

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Fashionista Revolution