Go to footer

2nd DS Sew-along and Sleepover Challenge

They're too sexy for their clothing - but they have to wear them anyway! Did you buy it? Did you make it? Who cares - let'm strut their stuff here!

Re: 2nd DS Sew-along and Sleepover Challenge

Postby yarwel » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:57 pm

So I finished. :oops:
Just as well since I have school on monday and will henceforth have limited time, but I'm kind of sad too because I won't be keeping pace with you guys for the sew-along. :cry:
I actually did a whole photoshoot with Rolant's finished jammies; if anyone is interested they can see the rest of the pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/yarwel/sets/72157650215816645/
yarwel
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Aeilia » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:47 pm

Yarwel, those came out really nice! They look so comfy and cozy!
Aeilia
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby richila » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:46 am

I haven't been able to bring myself to sew lately, but I crochet - a lot. ;)
Would it count if I crochet a gown but sew on lace sleeves and embellishments? Richi wants a fluffy girly nightgown. I found some tiny lace in my stash. :D
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Greyhaunt » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:05 pm

richila wrote:I haven't been able to bring myself to sew lately, but I crochet - a lot. ;)
Would it count if I crochet a gown but sew on lace sleeves and embellishments? Richi wants a fluffy girly nightgown. I found some tiny lace in my stash. :D

But of course! While I call it a sew-along I think any method used to make clothing is entirely valid! This is a way to encourage participation, share ideas, and guilt myself into making more hahahahahaha
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Greyhaunt » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:08 pm

Ooo, shameless double post!

Actually I am ashamed because after going through boxes of patterns all weekend (and diligently organizing them while doing so) I can't find the peignoir pattern I wanted to use >< AARRRGGG. I did, however, find the pattern for the 1940s robe (both the original 40s copy AND the reissue) so I guess I'll have to start with that one while I continue hunting the elusive peignoir. I should have pictures of the robe pattern tonight to share :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Trethowan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:51 pm

I am just a few hours of work away from getting ALL boxes cleared out of my basement corner and the sewing table unearthed. I found my machine under boxes, too! Soon, oh so soon, shall I have access to all my sewing goodies. <3 The fabric has been unboxed and stored, some of my ribbons have been discovered but not all of them, and I think I can see the thread box. LOL
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby ShadowKat » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:38 pm

I have been inspired by this. I haven't finished any of the clothes I've started for my poor Mei. I'm going to make a little nightie out of some shiny silver satin and I've got some black lace for trim.
I'm going to make a small um... babydoll nightie? I think that's the style. I'm not good with clothing names. Basically a small top with darts under the bust with shoulder straps, with a gathered body going down to her mid-thighs. I think I'm also going to put a black ribbon under the top part to help hide the gathers a bit.

I've got the base of the top done (I actually started last night but I had to charge my batteries overnight to take pictures with). Next is the long part. Once it's all together I'll put the closures and straps on it.
And here she is trying it on. I've just pinned it together at the back, but I think it looks pretty good.
ShadowKat
Dolly Pardon

Postby Jobee » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:33 pm

Great start, Shadowkat! Comrade's still waiting on my lazy butt. >.>
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby WhiteDove01s » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:01 pm

*grumble* I have a diaper done, but am having trouble posting an image due to a weird computer issue (namely for some reason Windows won't show a preview/icon of the image so I can't find the right ones to resize and then drag into imgur). I probably just need to reboot, but have too many other things going right now to do so.

I'm not all that happy with the diaper. It's actually a slight but too bulky, which wouldn't be too bad... except the buk is also preventing the thin elastic from doing what elastic is supposed to do. Also, the tabs stick out oddly. And I haven't been able to redraft or do anything else lately because of a cat that seems to think my sole purpose in life is to stay still so she can sit on me. And don't try to tell me she's being affectionate... the sociopathic little beast completely ignored me until the weather got cold.

... Yes, I may be in a grouchy mood.

Update: Computer is letting me add pictures now.
Here it is. A little too bulky, but not bad... the real problem is it being too bulky to let the elastic do anything at all:

And a bigger problem is the way the front tabs stick out. I'll need to make them longer and wider.

I also need to give more thought on turning the darned thing, because this bit wasn't easy:

Suggestions welcome...
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby hyssop » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:37 am

Wow, everyone's looks fantastic!

Yarwel, wow!! It fits your doll's look perfectly.

ShadowCat, that fabric is gorgeous and I'm sure a bit of a pain to work with, already looks great!

WhiteDove, what about styling it like a real cloth pocket diaper and only putting the "padding" down the center? Turning would be a lot easier and the flaps should stay flat. It's precious, already!

I did a little column nightgown and rectangle cozy shrug for Nim, my little witch. It's cold in my apartment!

Hero (Ai Leptospermum), Hild (Ai English Ivy), and Hana (Ai Leonotis); Afanen (Lammily); Nimue (Dal Gloomy Bear)
hyssop
i see dead dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Fashionista Revolution