Go to footer

Legend of Obitsu: Ocarina of Time

They're too sexy for their clothing - but they have to wear them anyway! Did you buy it? Did you make it? Who cares - let'm strut their stuff here!

Legend of Obitsu: Ocarina of Time

Postby OutBriefCandle » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:53 pm

...Only no actual ocarina yet. I need to check my Sculpy stash for that I think...

I've always wanted a bit awesome poseable action figure of Link from Ocarina of Time. There is a big awesome action figure of Link...from Skyward Sword. Which isn't the one I want so I took matters into my own hands.

....I have no good location to take pictures. I nearly ran out of thread putting this together! It was an old spool. Link's signature green tunic and hat. Ocarina Link looks like he's wearing tights under it along with a tight white shirt, so to cut down on bulk the doll is actually wearing a white bodysuit with the collar (and feeties! as combination socks and insurance that I won't loose his feet inside his boots). The collar could be better but I feel like it's pretty good for a first attempt! I'm actually pretty pleased with it. He obviously needs his hair cut back a lot more, but for now I was mostly chopping it back to keep it out of the way. He also needs his face wiped and repainted because the doll was originally someone else but I don't know how much of that I'll be able to do until the weather improves.
Up next is boots and other assorted leather bits, which may end up being leather because I have a nice bit piece of brown from a bag of scraps, or might be microsuede I'm not sure yet. I've got a narrow brown belt that might work for his belts but it's a little wider than I'd like so I'm not sure yet. I need to find some thin cardboard to build the soles out of before I can start on his boots though.

I'm thinking of getting a tub of apoxie sculpt, to sculpt the hand pieces of his gauntlets directly onto all his hands. It seems easier that way. ...Plus give him long ears and sculpt the feathers onto Epona's legs so I can repaint her and maybe make a bunch of accessories out of it because I don't know when to stop and probably have an over-inflated idea of what I can do with a material that I've never used before. :roll:
Ryo - DIM Real (NS)
Ariel - BBB Sprite (Blue)
Peaseblossom - BBB Ariel (Lilac)
Bast - Fairyland MNF Woosoo Vamp (WS)
Bernadette - Hujoo Berry (Apricot)
Mustardseed - Realpuki Tyni (NS)
Dove - BBB Pixie (Chocolate)
Loki - Hujoo Jake
Monster High Toralei
Monster High Clawd Wolf
Perneth - RS Pixiu (Sky Blue)
OutBriefCandle
Dolly Pardon

Re: Legend of Obitsu: Ocarina of Time

Postby zirconmermaid » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:00 pm

Once you have tried Apoxie Sculpt, you will find all sorts of useful things to do with it! And this looks like a great start! I am looking forward to seeing your progress. :D
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby OutBriefCandle » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:47 pm

Thanks! It might be a while before there's much progress with the rest, I'm sort of at an impasse until I get some tiny buckles and the Apoxie. I have a feeling you're right about that, I was originally gonna just get the smallest container I could find but now I'm probably going to go for it and order a pound tub. See how long it lasts me. :lol:
Ryo - DIM Real (NS)
Loki - Hujoo Jake
Monster High Toralei
Monster High Clawd Wolf
OutBriefCandle
Dolly Pardon

Postby Jobee » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:40 am

Fantastic start! i can't wait to see more. :D Keep us posted!
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby OutBriefCandle » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:05 pm

Thanks! And glancing back at the thread reminds me that I never put up a pic of the most recent round of work I've done.

Super SUPER rough mockups of boots and gauntlets in microsuede and a scrap tied as a belt. I'm going shopping tomorrow, hopefully I'll be able to find some tiny buckles to start working on that stuff for real. If not I'll have to order them online. He's also got a shorter haircut and ...most of a new face. He has eyebrows now, I promise. :lol:

Here's proof. :lol: I'd forgotten to give him eyebrows and had to go back and add them the next day. Fortunately with all the other stuff I was working on I hadn't put the paints away!

He just looks so much more like himself with even just the crappy unhemmed mockups, I'm pretty pleased.
Ryo - DIM Real (NS)
Loki - Hujoo Jake
Monster High Toralei
Monster High Clawd Wolf
OutBriefCandle
Dolly Pardon

Postby Jobee » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:19 am

I love his boots!
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby OutBriefCandle » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:57 pm

Haven't been on here forever, but I'm still working on this project Only I scrapped all the stuff from my previous posts and started over. He was just too big and built. That doll will be Fierce Deity from Majora's Mask, eventually.

Now I've got a 21cm Obitsu body and I've remade the bodysuit and tunic (Zora tunic this time, just to have a different color to work with) and shortened his belt to fit. And he's got a new horse, a 1:9 Breyer Clydesdale mare who needed some TLC. Where TLC means a new ear. And I've lengthened her tail because it was kind of stubby. She needs a bit of paint and he needs a head, but they're coming along. Next up for him is some boots, I think.

Ryo - DIM Real (NS)
Loki - Hujoo Jake
Monster High Toralei
Monster High Clawd Wolf
OutBriefCandle