Go to footer

Outfits for Kidz N Kats doll, Grace

They're too sexy for their clothing - but they have to wear them anyway! Did you buy it? Did you make it? Who cares - let'm strut their stuff here!

Outfits for Kidz N Kats doll, Grace

Postby kenaiqueen » Sat May 30, 2015 11:40 pm

I started with a couple things from Walmart:
The first outfit:
Removed the lace butterfly, made leggings from the baby leggings (I couldn't find dotted knit fabric anywhere!) and sewed a strip over the tunic where the lace was because removing it made some little holes. Then I shortened the headband into a belt.
Outfit 2:
Made a new top from a fat quarter with butterflies on it, added the butterfly lace and some additional, similar lace from my stash. Used the capris as is.
New dress:
This is the same Walmart line and it also fits pretty well. (Kidz and Cats dolls are 18" but what they call a 'slim' body so American Girl size outfits are a bit too loose.) I'm not totally happy with the dress and I think it needs something, like maybe a lace ruffle around the bottom. I think the bow is a bit too big too. I'm pondering as I poke thru my stash a bit for the right idea.

I'm not sure I've shared any pics of this doll here before. I decided to keep her original name, Grace, because I just think it fits her well.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: Outfits for Kidz N Kats doll, Grace

Postby WhiteDove01s » Sun May 31, 2015 10:04 pm

Wow. Big dolls aren't normally my thing, save for a few I have for sentimental reasons (ones I've had since I was a kid, often referred to as the 'extended patch' around here as it contains more than cabbage.) But that one is a really beautiful doll. :) Congrats on her new wardrobe additions.
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby kenaiqueen » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:35 pm

Thanks! She's my only one in that size, but I fell for that pretty face. There's an adorable little boy doll in the line I may end up getting someday too.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:14 am

I thinkthe dress looks terrific just as is. Since it already has pink trim, more trim might overdo it. Then again, I can only see the one dimensional version.

I don't suppose it's possible to add the cute ankle trim from the infant leggings to the doll pant though? :)
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby kenaiqueen » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:07 pm

Kirahfaye wrote:I don't suppose it's possible to add the cute ankle trim from the infant leggings to the doll pant though? :)

I tried but I had a cutting accident that screwed it up LOL! I still have the pink leggings to work with and will try to keep the ruffle on those.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby kenaiqueen » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:19 pm

Kirahfaye wrote:I thinkthe dress looks terrific just as is. Since it already has pink trim, more trim might overdo it. Then again, I can only see the one dimensional version.

After looking closer, I realized that what was really bothering me most about the pink belt/bow was that it is actually a different shade than the underdress/trim. It's a neon pink and the trim is a raspberry shade. Belt/bow is definitely going. If I can find a ribbon to match, I might redo it. I did find some ruffled lace to trim the skirt tho.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Return to Board index

Return to Fashionista Revolution