Go to footer

Ellowyne Aurora dress

They're too sexy for their clothing - but they have to wear them anyway! Did you buy it? Did you make it? Who cares - let'm strut their stuff here!

Ellowyne Aurora dress

Postby E-Beth » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:52 pm

I had a customer contact me for a Princess Aurora dress for a Toner doll. I didn't have the requested doll, but I did have an Ellowyne. The customer and I were both very pleased with this project.

Here are some images that my customer sent me, and the finished dress.

ImageReference images by Elizabeth Young, on Flickr

Imageil_570xN.765605980_oah5 by Elizabeth Young, on Flickr

The skirt is three layers, an underskirt of net, as the other layers were rather flat without it, a middle layer of pink and purple chiffon pieced together, and an overskirt of white chiffon. The train of ribbon roses (super easy to make those roses - I used a bead in the center of each as part of the tacking-down process) hangs from the waistband of the skirt.

The bodice was drafted via the masking tape method, and is three layers: poly lining, and sparkle organza interlined with cotton organdy, to give it some body. The collar is a bias tube of white poly lining hand stitched in place after the bodice was constructed. The same white poly forms the body of the rose train. The sleeves are pleasingly snug, as I could take advantage of the easily removed hands.
E-Beth
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Re: Ellowyne Aurora dress

Postby Shyla » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:03 am

It's gorgeous!
my tumblr
my flickr
Ciero (RS Mu), Viridia (Gem of Doll Snowy on Resinsoul Ai body), Celia (RS Sophia), Nerri (IOS Luce) and Valnar (IOS Jaguar)
Shyla
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby kenaiqueen » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:05 pm

Beautiful! Love that flowered train.

I've been lusting after that statue btw. And I'm sorta working on an Aurora dress for a Tonner I picked up cheap. My muslin looks good but the fabric is crap and I'm looking for something new.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby E-Beth » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:39 am

I'm pretty pleased with the poly chiffon and poly sparkle organza (was a pain - frays very badly) I got from fabric.com

This is how I made the roses for the train
http://obstinatepursuit.blogspot.com/2010/03/quick-easy-ribbon-roses-waste-not.html
E-Beth
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby zirconmermaid » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:29 pm

That looks great!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby OkamiKodomo » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:42 pm

Omg that is gorgeous. I love what you did with the layers of the skirt. It gives it a very ethereal look!
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Return to Board index

Return to Fashionista Revolution