Go to footer

Outfit for Rolant with handmade shoes and crocheted coat

They're too sexy for their clothing - but they have to wear them anyway! Did you buy it? Did you make it? Who cares - let'm strut their stuff here!

Outfit for Rolant with handmade shoes and crocheted coat

Postby yarwel » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:48 pm

I've been a bit busy. :lol:
After finishing my crochet project I decided Rolant needed some other new duds, so I whipped up tunic, long vest, and soft boots. He has also gotten a new yarn wig since the last time I took pictures. It's been a long time. :?
Anyway, he looks so much more like I want him to now. And... onward to pictures! 8-)
Just the tunic, a pair of leggings, and his new shoes, with one of my favorite necklaces as a belt.Image
Then with the vest on top.
A closer shot.
The crochet coat; I worked it from this pattern http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lazy-wheels-coat with a 3.5mm hook and sport weight yarn.
the gauge came out a bit larger than 1/3, like maybe 1/2.5. That being said, I think it works fairly well as a loose robe. Here's a shot of the back, so you can see the train.
I'm prodigiously proud of it, though the train is a bit lumpy. Maybe I should iron it.
Finally, this picture just because it's pretty. ;)
yarwel
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Outfit for Rolant with handmade shoes and crocheted coat

Postby Greyhaunt » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:57 am

Very nice - great job on every piece of this outfit! I really like the boots *envy* Is that a faux suede for the vest and boots or real suede?
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby yarwel » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:19 pm

Thank you! It's faux suede, or, rather, it's some sort of suede cloth from a shirt I bought to cut up. :)
yarwel
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Greyhaunt » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:55 pm

yarwel wrote:Thank you! It's faux suede, or, rather, it's some sort of suede cloth from a shirt I bought to cut up. :)

Recycled fabric is the best! Did you use a tutorial or pattern for the shoes? Or did you make them up? Either way really excellent. If my job didn't have me working massive overtime right now I'd love to be doing more sewing - but all I seem to do when I get home is feed the cats and sleep :(
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:33 pm

Love the vest and the boots! :D
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby yarwel » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:39 pm

Thanks Kira!

The construction of the boots is loosely based on several tutorials I've seen before. Here are a few I have url's for:
http://scargeear.deviantart.com/art/Making-boots-for-BJD-tutorial-265245365?q=gallery:scargeear/33400868&qo=8
http://degaraydolls.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/doll-boot-making-tutorial.html?m=1
http://papupepo.aikotoba.jp/doll/cloth_boots.html (this one is in japanese and also a bit more complicated)
Beyond that, for the pattern I knew I wanted them to lace up the sides so I covered Rolant's feet in plastic wrap and scotch tape and then cut it away to figure out what shape the fabric for the shaft part of the boot would have to be. I also cheated a bit and just used felt for the bottom of the shoes because I've not had great luck with other materials. :?
yarwel
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Fashionista Revolution