Go to footer

SD-Size Post-Apocalyptic Dress and Armor

They're too sexy for their clothing - but they have to wear them anyway! Did you buy it? Did you make it? Who cares - let'm strut their stuff here!

SD-Size Post-Apocalyptic Dress and Armor

Postby OkamiKodomo » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:32 pm

I did this outfit as a trade commission over the winter/into spring. I finished it a few months ago and never got the chance to post pictures. I was tasked with making an outfit for a fallen knight who protects an exiled princess. The armor, ironically enough, was an afterthought. The dress is made from a super-lightweight marino/spandex blent knit. It drapes so beautifully at doll scale, I want to make oodles of dresses with it. And it's super soft too. Pajama pants soft. The overskirt is a tattered-effect specialty fabric. Used to be they only sold it around Halloween at JoAnn's, but I've been seeing it in the regular stock more often, and now I see it in olive green and blood red variants as well, so I'm plotting designs on it. The ruffled edge is a super-fine mesh with no stretch to it. The corset is styled like an obi, so it is not tailored, and it's made from brocade with a satin lining. And the armor is made from genuine leather from a scrap bag picked up at a craft store, with accents done in silk ribbon and faux suede. There are small split rings in the points on the sleeves so they can be clipped back, out of the wearer's way.

The metal accents on the dress and corset are sewn on, while the ones on the armor are attached with scrapbooking brads.

And the bracers are threaded with linen cord through loops of silk ribbon, held in place with more brads.

Last edited by OkamiKodomo on Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: SD-Size Post-Apocalyptic Dress and Armor

Postby yarwel » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:04 pm

I really love the details and your choice of fabrics. The tattered novelty fabric is really cool.
yarwel
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:03 am

Nice job.

I especially like the shoulder guard and the way the bracers look.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby kenaiqueen » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:00 pm

Spectacular!
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby takahirokumiko » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:56 pm

That is gorgeous.
takahirokumiko
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Fashionista Revolution