Go to footer

Sonali's new outfit

They're too sexy for their clothing - but they have to wear them anyway! Did you buy it? Did you make it? Who cares - let'm strut their stuff here!

Sonali's new outfit

Postby kenaiqueen » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:06 am

Here's my Sonali in her new suit. It's a salwar kameeze made of a mottled maroon and blue chiffon with a printed gold foil design and a silky underlayer in maroon. Cobbled together from 2 patterns, a bodycon sweater dress and a pair of pants. All hand stitched because it was all too small to bother hauling out my old Kenmore. The trim is gold cord and sequins. I decided against a dupatta (veil/shawl) as I thought it might get hung up on the trim too much.

I'm thinking I may try a 'simulated' sari next. Simulated because trying to do the traditional wrap would end up just looking bulky. I have a vintage sari I got off ebay to use as fabric for a costume a couple years ago. It's nice and soft and silky...could actually be silk. I could do a couple layers for the skirt and then sew in a pleated section and attach a shoulder throw. I think I need to get her some better shoes. The glitter sandals that came with her original outfit are way too tight and a bitch to put on. I think a pair of plain gold sandals would work better.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: Sonali's new outfit

Postby Dark Angel » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:19 am

She looks lovely!
I don't have the patience to hand-sew. (or the skill)
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Re: Sonali's new outfit

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:44 am

Love the way she looks in this color. nice job.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Return to Board index

Return to Fashionista Revolution