Go to footer

Cherry's Birthday Haul [IMG HVY]

They're too sexy for their clothing - but they have to wear them anyway! Did you buy it? Did you make it? Who cares - let'm strut their stuff here!

Cherry's Birthday Haul [IMG HVY]

Postby embyquinn » Mon May 16, 2016 10:03 am

So, as I mentioned in the picnic thread, Cherry's birthday was last weekend, so I got her a whole bunch of new clothes (yeah, like she needed them, but still). She wore one set to the picnic, of course, and totally rocked the rose-print jeans:

So here are some of the other pieces that currently comprise Cherry's spring "capsule wardrobe". I like to assemble these for her from time to time so I don't have to rummage through her BIG box o' stuff in order to dress her for work every day. (I love my job. Mostly.)

New spring dress! If you look at my avatar, you'll see I dressed Riri's CGI character to match this. Cherry's favorite color is green (she has no objection to pink, obviously, and she likes bright, light colors, but lime green is her favorite). This is from one of those cheap(er) Barbie fashion packs, as are most (not all) of her birthday wardrobe.

This is a Sparkle Girlz outfit. So cute! I love the little yellow skirt. And I absolutely ADORE the sandal boots! All of the shoes she's wearing are from the Barbie shoe packs available right now.

More Sparkle Girlz stuff. Although she's leaning on the backdrop, it's still amazing how well she balances on one leg!

This outfit seems to have been made for Cherry. Note the cherry blossoms on the T-shirt and the multicolor shorts. Favorite short set EVER.

Another short set, this one comprised of separates from two different Sparkle Girlz sets. (I didn't really care for the other pieces--sometimes I'll buy a SG set just for the top or the bottom.) Cherry isn't that fond of red, but she will wear it because she knows it's MY favorite color. Such a sweet girl!

Her other (current) favorite jeans, these multicolored like her favorite shorts. The green top is darker than her normal favorite shade, but it's still green, so she'll work with it. And yes, you've seen her wearing that top before, but it's the one that goes best with these pants.

Gray bicycle top from a SG pack paired with a pair of Barbie shorts I've had for a while from an old Fashion Fever set. Can you tell I love separates? Most of the pieces in this capsule wardrobe will go with each other, which is kind of the whole point of a capsule wardrobe anyway.

Cherry's crown-ornamented top and coral-colored kick-pleat skirt. Because we all know she's a princess.

Yet another Sparkle Girlz getup, this one complete. It's amazing how well the Barbie shoes go with these outfits--and a good thing, since the shoes that come with some of the SG sets (and not all of them HAVE shoes, just those awful-looking non-functional purses) are kind of, well, meh.

The other dress I purchased for her birthday, this one purple with a black-print front inset. Again, I'm amazed at the expressiveness and stability of the Made to Move body. I'm thinking of replacing some of the other grrls' bodies (especially Ashe's, who's right now on a Fashionista body).

Finally, what's a capsule wardrobe without a capsule to put them in? I picked this up at WalMart for a buck. Not only does it hold all the clothes you've just seen (plus some not shown here), but there's a separate component on the bottom to hold shoes and accessories. AND it's in Riri's favorite color. Win!

Thanks for looking, everyone!
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Cherry's Birthday Haul [IMG HVY]

Postby SetsunaKou » Mon May 16, 2016 6:12 pm

Nice photoshoot, emby-san! (And Cherry-san!) I really love ALL the outfits----she looks great in all of them!!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Dark Angel » Mon May 16, 2016 9:39 pm

A girl after my own heart, I love green too. (Although my favorite is a darker green, like the shirt with the multi color jeans)

She looks fabulous in all the outfits!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Tue May 17, 2016 5:26 am

I like that light green dress and wig combo.

embyquinn wrote:So here are some of the other pieces that currently comprise Cherry's spring "capsule wardrobe". I like to assemble these for her from time to time so I don't have to rummage through her BIG box o' stuff in order to dress her for work every day.

When you mention capsule, it sounded like you put her outfits in those Gashaphon balls. That would be a really useful way of carting extra clothes to shoots.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Eseme » Tue May 31, 2016 2:02 pm

What a great idea! I really love all her outfits, and you are right, that body is fabulous.

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Fashionista Revolution