Go to footer

Decadence

They're too sexy for their clothing - but they have to wear them anyway! Did you buy it? Did you make it? Who cares - let'm strut their stuff here!

Decadence

Postby OkamiKodomo » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:34 pm

So these are fresh off the presses! I'm about to ship them out to my trade partner. I may have overdone it just a wee bit lol! I'm trading for a ResinSoul Yao in white skin from a facebook group. I have such a love-hate relationship with silks and brocades and knits... and I used ALL OF THEM for these outfits. Oh and a pinch of antique satin for good measure.

So this one is an MSD remake of an outfit I made for another of these trades some year and a half ago? Two years? Something like that. The armor is real leather. The overskirt is silk, with a chiffon ruffle, the dress is a dancewear knit with a very subtle shimmer to it, leftover from a gift I made for a friend in a Christmas swap. Pleased overall, though I really I wish I had a serger for those sleeve edges. So many layers of zigzag stitch.

This one was the simplest of the three, but really adore it. The bodice took only an hour or two to make, and the skirt portion is just gathered silk and chiffon. Some lace and ribbon accents and voila! It's going to be for a slightly larger bust than Zoey's cutie-size but looks adorbs on her anyway.

And this... this is my favorite. Oh my I went ham on this one. Silk and antique satin and delicate lace and fringe. The coin belt is made of disassembled earrings and some filigree bits from Joann's. I really love this piece and I will probably have to make something like it for my own dolls at some point.
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: Decadence

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:25 pm

They're all gorgeous!
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:46 pm

I love all three! Although the second one (third if you look at the first pic) is probably my favorite. It's SO cute.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:57 am

Lovely outfits. I like the last one the most for the whole belly dance feel.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:57 pm

Gorgeous! I keep saying one of these days I want to do some leather armor for one of my girls.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Shyla » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:07 pm

They're all beautiful! The silk and chiffon Zoey's modeling is my favorite. :D
my tumblr
my flickr
Ciero (RS Mu), Viridia (Gem of Doll Snowy on Resinsoul Ai body), Celia (RS Sophia), Nerri (IOS Luce) and Valnar (IOS Jaguar)
Shyla
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby OkamiKodomo » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:28 pm

Thank you everyone! :D I really have been trying to be more active here, not just drop picspam and then vanish again, but it's so hard to juggle stuff with work and MAKING ALL THE THINGS! I finished two more corsets and a floofy skirt that I'll post about later on, and a third corset that I just need to sew a few more fancies and clasps to... *headdesk*

I'm glad the tea dress is so well loved! It was the only one that needed a pattern LOL!

@Kenaiqueen you should! I have a collection of scrap leather that I get in bags at Michaels and Joann's craft stores for about $4 after a coupon, and it takes so little to make armor. I hold them together with scrapbooking brads so there is no sewing for it! Even the ribbons are held together with brads. :) The lacy metal bits are just filigree stampings from the findings section of the beads department.
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:57 pm

OkamiKodomo wrote:@Kenaiqueen you should! I have a collection of scrap leather that I get in bags at Michaels and Joann's craft stores for about $4 after a coupon, and it takes so little to make armor. I hold them together with scrapbooking brads so there is no sewing for it! Even the ribbons are held together with brads. :) The lacy metal bits are just filigree stampings from the findings section of the beads department.

Thanks for the tips. I have way too much scrapbooking stuff so just some leather and a bit more imagination than I currently have should do it LOL! Seriously, I need to sit down and design what I want first. However too much life going on for now.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby OkamiKodomo » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:28 am

I can't wait to see what you come up with! The pauldron and bracers I made are super simple, and I wouldn't mind sending you a picture of the pattern if you would like!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby takahirokumiko » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:09 pm

They're so pretty. The amount of work you put into each one is just amazing.
takahirokumiko
the walls have dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Fashionista Revolution