Go to footer

Cherry's new wedding gown

They're too sexy for their clothing - but they have to wear them anyway! Did you buy it? Did you make it? Who cares - let'm strut their stuff here!

Cherry's new wedding gown

Postby embyquinn » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:05 pm

I know, I know. I haven't posted in half past forever. Life happens. I got sick, I got better, I got fired, I got a new job, I was in a car accident, I got sick again, I got better again...

2018 sucked.

However, I'm back and I plan to show off all the new clothes I've made for my favorite girl. Starting with a replacement for her 2012 wedding gown that got sadly ruined in an accident that I'd rather not think about.

So here we go with Riri's brand new wedding dress, which was finished in time for her and Johnny's sixth anniversary last Wednesday!

Since everything is white white white, it's hard to tell details from a full shot...but it's costume satin with white calico in a printed snowflake pattern, pearl beaded lacing on a white velvet corset band, white iridescent voile and lots and lots of lace. Plus white satin ribbon.

Again, difficult to distinguish fine details, but her veil is a six-sided round (like a snowflake) and topped with a white satin cap trimmed with lace.

Close-up of the face-framing veil.

Here one can distinguish the velvet of the corset and the pearls that make the lacing. And you can really see the snowflake pattern on the calico here.

The bouquet. White ribbon roses, handmade, with green ribbon to suggest leaves, encircled with more lace.

Gotta have that "something blue", and a garter for Johnny to remove (with his teeth, the scoundrel).

A close-up of the necklace, an iridescent crystal bead on a pearl choker.

I went as traditional as I could with this one, including something old (the pearls are antique), something new (the lace was bought the day I started making the dress), something borrowed (I "repurposed" the crystal bead from an old necklace) and something blue (the garter, of course).

I've made a lot of other dresses for her since mid-November and I plan to take lots more photos. Expect picspam.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Cherry's new wedding gown

Postby davidd » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:15 pm

What beautiful work! The details are amazing! This must have taken forever to finish!

Here's hoping 2019 is a much better year for you!
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby WhiteDove01s » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:56 am

Wow, sounds like someone had a 2018 as bad as mine. (It started with the hot water tank cracking in February and was all downhill from there.) I was hoping that maybe I was at least stealing everyone else's bad luck for a year, but apparently not the case. Hope you have a much MUCH better 2019.

That dress is gorgeous, and I love the snowflake print. (Fabrics inspire me more since I started doing Spoonflower work, I've noticed. XD)

And welcome back. :)
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:35 am

Wooooow!
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:45 am

Beautiful! Great job!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby maywong » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:47 am

Nice work.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby victoriavictrix » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:56 pm

It's so nice to see her (and you) back. She's absolutely my favorite doll of her brand I've ever seen.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:37 am

Welcome back - to both of you! Here's hoping 2019 treats you far better!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:30 pm

Her new wedding dress is gorgeous!

And welcome back - hope 2019 is a better year.
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby zirconmermaid » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:30 am

Yes, welcome back! And the dress is lovely. I am sure it was worth the time, you did a great job!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Return to Board index

Return to Fashionista Revolution