Go to footer

We wish you a Cherry Christmas! :)

They're too sexy for their clothing - but they have to wear them anyway! Did you buy it? Did you make it? Who cares - let'm strut their stuff here!

We wish you a Cherry Christmas! :)

Postby embyquinn » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:16 am

I am making dresses in the "Nightfall" style that I always loved like crazy. Considering that it's just a gathered tube top, separate sleeves, and a skirt/corset combo, it's amazingly customizable. I should probably do a tutorial one of these days; it's an almost patternless dress and can be made to suit dolls of any size or shape. And if you change the sleeves, the front, the length, or the trimming, you can completely change the look. I find it suits the Lolita style best, but it can be altered to reflect steampunk, or European, or any number of other influences.

Anyway, this is Riri's Christmas dress!

Dark red and green with white lace and black ribbon. I considered using black lace, but the white seemed to suit better, and offset with black satin bows, I think the result is striking.

I must confess something: I've always been of the "if it looks good from the front, who cares about the back?" mentality...but just this once, I wanted the back to look pretty too. The neck/shoulder ribbon is tied in the back and finished off with a wide (separate) black satin bow.

Merry Christmas, everybody! Or Happy Hannukah...blessed Yule...happy Kwanzaa...

Oh, the heck with it, Cherry Christmas!
My idea of styling a faux fur wig is usually limited to "water set it and brush it down", but hey--it's Christmas. When I made the little headpiece, I was inspired to make her hair into two tiny ponytails to match. And as her usual pale pink was overwhelmed by the colors of the dress, I decided to go with pure white.

Bows, bows, bows. Tacking these things on and making sure they were all straight and matched took FOR. EV. ER. It was almost more trouble than the lace inserts on the front of the dress!

Merry Christmas from both of us to all of you!
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Re: We wish you a Cherry Christmas! :)

Postby Dark Angel » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:08 pm

That's cute!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:14 am

Very cute dress. Love the laceup bodice.

embyquinn wrote:
I must confess something: I've always been of the "if it looks good from the front, who cares about the back?" mentality...but just this once, I wanted the back to look pretty too. The neck/shoulder ribbon is tied in the back and finished off with a wide (separate) black satin bow.

Back gets tricky at times what with figuring out closures and all. :roll: The back looks great.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby maywong » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:42 am

Looks great to me.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Return to Board index

Return to Fashionista Revolution