Go to footer

Steampunk Princess

They're too sexy for their clothing - but they have to wear them anyway! Did you buy it? Did you make it? Who cares - let'm strut their stuff here!

Steampunk Princess

Postby embyquinn » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:32 am

UPDATE 03/17/19: New pics below, with real gear action! :D

I've made a crapload of new dresses for Cherry that I haven't even bothered to photograph yet, but that will be coming (expect picspam of pretteh gowns soonish), but this one I had to share as soon as I made it.

It took me two days to complete the ensemble; usually I can make one of these dresses in a matter of hours but I was being very meticulous with this one an there's a lot of detail. The lace is antique hem facing (well, it's at least 50 years old, so for fabric that's antique in my book.)

The one thing that's missing is anything "gear" oriented, but I couldn't find any gear charms that were (a) small enough or (b) the right color (antique gold/bronze). So I made do with beads.

Fascinator! Made with satin ribbon and lace with a grosgrain hatband.

Thanks for viewing!
Last edited by embyquinn on Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Steampunk Princess

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:19 pm

lovely outfit.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby maywong » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:21 pm

She is a very lucky girl. Nice dress.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby victoriavictrix » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:52 pm

Actual watch gears will be small enough to look right on her.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Lots-Bag-DIY ... 2964243816
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby embyquinn » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:43 am

Misty, you're a lifesaver! (Wild Cherry, no doubt.) I will order a packet of those when I have more $ to do so (probably this Friday). Cheers!
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby victoriavictrix » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:46 am

embyquinn wrote:Misty, you're a lifesaver! (Wild Cherry, no doubt.) I will order a packet of those when I have more $ to do so (probably this Friday). Cheers!

I use those for jewelry myself, which is how I knew they existed. I can't wait to see Cherry properly steampunked out.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Eseme » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:56 pm

This dress, and the others you have posted, are just lovely. Cherry has the best clothes!
Thank you for the inspiration.

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby embyquinn » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:09 pm

I got double lucky at Joann's this weekend: Sale in the scrapbooking department which had been restocked. :D I got enough gear charms to complete Riri's steampunk princess look. Check it out!

Sorry for the crud photos, but I wanted to show these off just now and I promise to upload better pics later.

The choker is now geared. I left the necklace as a glass pendant because even steampunk princesses need a bit of bling.

I am very proud of the headpiece; the only issue is that those gears are metal and therefore HEAVY. Riri has an alarming tendency to either (a) topple over, (b) lose her wig or (c) throw her head back and forth at random.

Simple brooch. It's attachable with a little brad thing that came with the set of pointers

Gears attached on t he sleeves, too. I was going to add bows but they looked a little too fussy like that.

And finally, like any good airship adventurer, she has a little gadget of her own design. She calls it a "circumvolving directional indicator".

Yeah. It's a fidget spinner.

I still want to get a bigger bag of watch gears to do a bit more blinging of the dress, but I like what I've got so far. All these gears are detachable so when I get the tinier ones I can switch them out. :)
Last edited by embyquinn on Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby davidd » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:05 pm

I love all the steampunk gears and goodies!

So... now that she's ready, let's see her airship! :lol:
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby neon_jellyfish » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:38 am

Gorgeous steampunk attire! I wish I could wear something like that!
neon_jellyfish
Dolly Pardon

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Fashionista Revolution