Go to footer

Corset Dresses (plus transport futon) [IMG MEGASPAM]

They're too sexy for their clothing - but they have to wear them anyway! Did you buy it? Did you make it? Who cares - let'm strut their stuff here!

Corset Dresses (plus transport futon) [IMG MEGASPAM]

Postby embyquinn » Wed May 29, 2019 11:45 pm

A few of the dresses I've made for Riri over the past six to eight months. Understand that I've made a LOT more than I'm showing here but I don't want to flood the board with 12098350239485 variations on the same basic dress. It's versatile as all getout, but burnout is not fun. Besides, I haven't gotten around to taking pics of them all yet.

Also, down near the end you get to see the pillowcase transport sleeve/futon I made for her.

First up, the black-on-white dress I made shortly after New Year's.

It can be hard to see, but the white material is a white-on-white circular geometric. Love the lacing on this bodice.

Next, white on black with a coordinating white-on-white bodice and "underskirt" material.

Full disclosure: I adore these sleeves. <3

Actually cobbled this one up around Christmas '18, but it was sort of overshadowed by her "dedicated" Christmas dress. I always wanted to make her a dress with green plaid.

Curly faux fur hair! Poodle shag from DistinctiveFabric.com. The necklace is one of her favorites, a green glass heart pendant.

Sleeve ribbons finish off the look.

Obligatory "wrought iron front stoop railing" picture. I call this her "sunshine" dress, which is appropriate considering that it was threatening rain the day I took these three pics.

Another faux fur wig, this one cheap craft fur from Jo Ann's. I actually managed to heat style it a bit into a sleek bob.

Cherry's hoping it doesn't rain and ruin her hairstyle. XD

Pictures taken just tonight at my work desk. This is one of Riri's newest, a "spring green" dress (though by now it's almost summer). You can see the repotted cherry tree which Cherry is examining. "Are you sure these are pink enough...?"

A pale pink bob wig, and a daisy necklace. The pendant is hand painted by me.

A closer look at the daisy pendant. Oh, hey, what's that rolled up behind her?

This is probably one of the most useful things I've made for her. I call it her "futon", but it's a combination bed, cushion, and travel case. It's made of a plain cotton pillowcase from Dollar Tree, lined with double-thick felt for padding (from WalMart). It's not quilted, but it's sewn firmly around all the edges to hold the felt in place. To make it, I basically folded the pillowcase in on itself, slipping the felt between the layers, then sewed it all together. It was a lot more fiddly than I'm making it sound, but we're both very pleased with the result.

Depending on how it's folded, it can either be a kneeling cushion or a really low sitting cushion.

The attached flap can double as a covering quilt when she wants to snag some Z's.

There's a pillow included. Doesn't she look comfy?

It's almost time to go home and she's already climbing in. The case is padded with thick felt and double-lined.

All wrapped up and ready for transport.

If you made it this far, thanks for looking! :D
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Corset Dresses (plus transport futon) [IMG MEGASPAM]

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Thu May 30, 2019 3:52 am

Oooh that navy-white, black-white and green-white combo I like. Very elegant.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Re: Corset Dresses (plus transport futon) [IMG MEGASPAM]

Postby Eseme » Thu May 30, 2019 1:52 pm

The dresses are all delightful, and each is unique. The pattern looks great.

I really like the idea of her travel bed - that is a great way to make sure she says safe and has something to sit on at her destination! Wonderful idea, thanks for sharing it.

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Fashionista Revolution