Go to footer

MSD Cherry's first full outfit

They're too sexy for their clothing - but they have to wear them anyway! Did you buy it? Did you make it? Who cares - let'm strut their stuff here!

MSD Cherry's first full outfit

Postby embyquinn » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:16 pm

I have spent a good chunk of my weekend making MSD Riri a complete outfit. I made her a corset dress, of course, because it is an almost patternless dress and I like the look. Everything she's wearing, I made this weekend, from her wig to her shoes.

I used up a whole fat quarter making this "overdress". As in I used almost every scrap of cloth. I may have to use quarters cut from the bolt for her, because the skirt is so full. I've made tons of clothes for American Girl dolls in the past, but that was years ago and I'd forgotten how much material was needed. I was all "Well, I can make two dresses for 1/6 Cherry out of a fat quarter, it should only take one for MSD Riri!" Yeah, I was wrong.

I made her a new wig, too, which makes her look even more like herself I think. I also slightly reshaped her brows. She had a red ribbon choker that fastens with a snap behind.

The ripe-cherry pattern is perfect, but too big for a 1/6, but it looks great on 1/4.

Striped stockings and handmade shoes. I intend to get some proper shoe material later for soles and uppers and such, but these are fine, and they have a special feature.

The ribbon straps are attached inside where the upper meets the sole, so if I want a different look I can tuck the strap under the foot for a slip-on effect.

No gothic Lolita look would be complete without bloomers. You can kind of see the tulle underskirt, which was a pain in the butt to make because it was so hard to keep the layers from sliding around while stitching the casing for the elastic waistband.

Anyway, overall I'm claiming this as a win.

Thanks for looking! ❤️
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Re: MSD Cherry's first full outfit

Postby davidd » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:54 pm

Definitely a win! Adorable and charming, with pretty colors!

But oh, SO much work! I admire your patience!
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby victoriavictrix » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:20 pm

Big RiRi looks fantastic!

Yeah, it's hard to get a full dress out of a fat quarter once you go 1/4 size.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby zirconmermaid » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:56 pm

That is so cute! You did a great job, and I can see why it took so much fabric.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:15 pm

Nice job on the dress. Its lovely.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby victoriavictrix » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:03 pm

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2peg ... 1FnRWg5SkE

This is a link to some public Minifee patterns that were made for a Delilah Noir contest. The magazine has long since closed the public page they were on. You'll need to enlarge them just a bit for RiRi, since Minifees are a little smaller than most MSDs (41 cm tall instead of 45) but there is an insanely cute wa-loli outfit in there that is just her style. There's also a a set of leather MSD armor on there. Also a steampunk outfit!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby embyquinn » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:36 am

Oh. Em. Gee. I have been looking for these patterns forEVer. I made the Cha Cha chow mein outfit in miniature for little Cherry sometime back, but I couldn't find the pattern again to make the full size version for big Cherry.

It's official. You're Cherry's doll godmother. Thank you thank you!
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby victoriavictrix » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:34 pm

embyquinn wrote:Oh. Em. Gee. I have been looking for these patterns forEVer. I made the Cha Cha chow mein outfit in miniature for little Cherry sometime back, but I couldn't find the pattern again to make the full size version for big Cherry.

It's official. You're Cherry's doll godmother. Thank you thank you!

Yeah even if I don't have a doll in that size, I tend to grab public patterns when I see them because they tend to vanish without notice.

Check the file again, I just dropped a whole lot more into there.

You can also down/upsize stuff fairly easily once you have the conversion percentage. So if there's anything you want that's SD that you want to downsize for Cherry, let me know, I'll drop it into my Gdrive and post the link.
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Return to Board index

Return to Fashionista Revolution