Go to footer

Cherry explores the backyard wilderness [LOTS of pics. LOTS]

They're too sexy for their clothing - but they have to wear them anyway! Did you buy it? Did you make it? Who cares - let'm strut their stuff here!

Cherry explores the backyard wilderness [LOTS of pics. LOTS]

Postby embyquinn » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:09 pm

LIving in the subtropics of the central Gulf Coast, and not having lots of money for landscaping, our backyard is rather untamed. We keep the grass trimmed and the limbs cut back, of course, but this is bayou country--everything grows too fast and I'm not just talking about the kudzu. Still, it was not quite as brutally hot today as it has been, and I decided to get some proper outdoor shots of Cherry in MSD mode before the daily afternoon t-storms began. So here we go.

More or less ten years ago, I stood RiRi under this exact oak tree in the front yard and my Best Beloved took her very first picture. So this is a kind of rite of passage for her, I guess, for her new larger body. She is wearing a version of her original "default" sweater and jeans, although I need to find or make a crossbone heart patch for the front of the top and I want to make her a proper pair of jeans, but I have to get some more cambric first (real denim is usually too thick).

I finally got the eyebrows right! Also, the sunlight reveals that the eyes are two slightly different colors; of course I would notice this after I finished her faceup. XD I probably should change them out, but I'd have to redo her lashes AGAIN, and besides, I think it's oddly charming.

Sneakers! Made by me, even. I even came up with the pattern myself.

Now we finally move from the front yard to the back, to the stone bench in front of the wisteria bush. Cherry found a bright red sumac leaf.

We used to have three mimosa trees in the back but the oak tree roots choked them out. This is the only remnant and the yard guy keeps cutting it back, but at the moment it's just about as tall as RiRi is.

The stump of one of the dead mimosas, overgrown with greenbrier and sumac. Perfect throne for an outdoor princess.

She got really bold and decided to climb the fence to pose. I made REALLY sure she was secure before taking the photo because I really didn't want to have to invade our neighbor's yard to retrieve my doll.

Right at the back of the fence is a lovely little shelter of overgrown vines that would make a perfect camping spot for RiRi, you know, if I was about to let her stay out here by herself.

Apparently RiRi has developed a new skill: climbing. In this body she really, REALLY likes to climb and be up on things. I'm going to have to keep a close eye on her.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Cherry explores the backyard wilderness [LOTS of pics. L

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:16 pm

Cute - love the pics!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:23 pm

Nicely done.

Upsized MSD Cherry turned out well.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby victoriavictrix » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:06 pm

She's looking fantastic! And full of attitude, of course.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby davidd » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:26 pm

Love the adventurous pics!

And that looks like a fun yard to explore! Maybe not fun to maintain, but definitely fun to explore!
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby maywong » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:36 am

I love outdoor pics.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Return to Board index

Return to Fashionista Revolution