Go to footer

A milestone for Cherry...

They're too sexy for their clothing - but they have to wear them anyway! Did you buy it? Did you make it? Who cares - let'm strut their stuff here!

A milestone for Cherry...

Postby embyquinn » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:40 pm

Once upon a decade ago, when Cherry had her first ever body (Liv Daniela), I begged my baby Barb to take a photo for me since the phone I had at the time did not take good pics (and Barb can photog not just circles, but Dyson spheres around me).

So now that I've got Cherry as an MSD, I thought I'd remake the same costume (it's Mina from Doll Master, a Korean horror film from 2004 and possibly the first BJD-inspired horror film ever).

Here's Mina as portrayed by Eun Kyeong Lim:

And now for RiRi's new cosplay!

This is taken in more or less the same exact spot where the first pic was taken: same tree and everything. (It's only been ten years, live oaks don't change that much.)

RiRi emoting for the camera in her portrayal of the poor doomed doll who only wanted her owner to love her. Not that RiRi has to worry about that.

And today I learned I can't turn my back on my girl during a photoshoot if there's an elevated area within jumping distance. Because this.

She's lucky I love her so much. I would bust her back down to Barbiedom so fast.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Re: A milestone for Cherry...

Postby davidd » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:05 pm

I've heard of the Goths Up Trees web site. Maybe it's time for an entire website devoted to Dolls in Trees.

And congratulations to Cherry for looking better than ever after a decade of... dollishessness.

(Bonus points for that Dyson spheres remark; that was LOL funny!)
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby maywong » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:21 am

You did a great job on the outfit.
Have you read this manga? It's a story about a doll that comes to life.
https://www.funmanga.com/lovers_doll/1/1
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby embyquinn » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:21 am

Thank you for the beautiful story, May. I actually teared up a little.

From time to time I've wondered how I would like it if RiRi started talking and moving on her own. Not coming to life as a human girl or anything like that, but just being an animate, sentient doll.

Then I realized that she's demanding and spoiled enough already. She lets me know what she wants perfectly well without being animate or capable of speech. And I wouldn't love her any more (or any less) than I do now.

She's perfect just as she is.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:20 pm

Congrats, Glad that you enjoyed working with Cherry, its always fun when the right doll comes along and clicks with what you enjoy doing. May she continue to inspire and bring you joy.

Ah yes Doll Master. the one where the poster at a defunct BJD shop scares me more than the movie itself.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Return to Board index

Return to Fashionista Revolution