Go to footer

Cherry's Expanding Wardrobe [MANY MANY PIX]

They're too sexy for their clothing - but they have to wear them anyway! Did you buy it? Did you make it? Who cares - let'm strut their stuff here!

Cherry's Expanding Wardrobe [MANY MANY PIX]

Postby embyquinn » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:45 pm

Remember that picspam I keep promising? Here it is. I took the first few pics on Monday but I wanted to wait until I took the rest to post them all at once. In the meantime I updated RiRi's faceup (again) and made her a LOT more shoes. I think I've finally got a pattern which works well. I'm still polishing my cobbling skills.

So here is RiRi's wardrobe additions--or most of them, anyway. She has a LOT of sweaters and T-shirts. Anyone who remembers me from my kisekae/digital paper doll days knows that one of the hallmarks of my sets were a lot of separates in a lot of color choices. I'm all about choices and customization and creating your own look. The pieces in my KiSS sets might have been classically simple, but my dolls' closets were always stuffed full. I brought that concept into my actual doll wardrobes, as well.

The funny thing is that MSD RiRi doesn't seem to go in for the frilly frou-frou dresses so much. She likes jeans, T-shirts, jackets, tights, boots...stuff she can MOVE in! Maybe now that she's bigger, she's feeling more adventurous? I dunno. Ask her.

So enough chatter, here are the pics!

I used to have an old Barbie outfit that looked like this that I loved--plaid skirt with bracers and a frilly blouse. So I remade it for Cherry.

These are the first article of clothing that I actually purchased for Cherry--a pair of white boots. Frankly? They look too clunky. They're more like 1/3 than 1/4, at least in the feet. She can wear them and they don't fall off or anything, but they don't fit as well as the footwear I made for her. Not surprising, since I fit the patterns to her.

Yes, I redid her face again. I wasn't happy with the almost-white lips so I gave her a darker rose, but that looked TOO dark on her paler face, so I settled for a middle tone.I darkened her too-thin eyebrows a bit, too, and gave her the barest hint of a blush on her cheeks which doesn't photograph that well.

A close-up of the gold "buttons" on her belt. A central buckle would be concealed by the ruffles on the blouse.

A three-quarter thin knit top with a long slit-side red plaid skirt. Same design as the green plaid worn by 1/6 Cherry on several occasions. I need to find a green plaid for MSD Cherry, since green is still her favorite color.

I remodified her lips to be the barest shade lighter. I'm done now. Any artist will tell you if you muck about too much with something you can end up spoiling it.

Boots! Finally, I made Cherry a pair of proper black ankle boots rather than the canvas mock-ups she had before. I'm very proud of these. :D

Another outfit I made originally for Cherry as a 1/6. This is a holiday themed dress, but I couldn't wait to show it off. Besides, unlike the other dress, this is made up of separates that can be worn with other pieces.

The "store-bought" boots go well with this outfit, but I still think they're a bit big on her.

White thin pleather pants and one of her many pullovers. She has them in black, red, white, grey, rose, and this striped one. Again, no green, but that will change.

I ordered these sneakers before I made her a pair. They arrived after I'd made the other pair. Again, these look nice, but they're a little big on her. Her feet are 5.25 cm and these are 7.5 cm. But they were listed as 1/4.

White pleather jacket with a grey T-shirt. She also has a number of different colored tees.

Another angle to show off the yoke. This fabric was a MAD BASTARD to work with, and it took me THREE tries to make it look and hang right.

Trigger warning: this is made from a sock. Yes, it's a SOCK DRESS. Hide the YoSDs. It was actually dead easy and cheap knee socks are perfect for making quick MSD dresses. (1) Take one sock. (2) Cut the leg off above the heel. (3) Cut slits on either side where the sleeves will go. (4) Cut the heel and toe parts off the foot of the sock and cut the small tube left in half lengthwise, then cut one end of each at about a 40 degree angle. (5) Sew these as sleeve parts into the slits on either side of the sock. Don't bother to hem the sleeves or bottom. (Tip: cut it shorter if you just want a top.) You're welcome. :)

Black Mary Janes. A little wide because of not being quite as fitted to her bare feet, but they fit great over socks and stockings.

This is what I did with the other sock of the pair, coupled with the black sweater. Tights are even easier to make with a knee sock! Just cut off the foot, cut it up the middle as long as the doll's leg, then turn it inside out, sew the inside seams, and turn right side out. Easy peasy~ SAo I got a knit dress and a pair of leggings for RiRi for a buck from the dollar store. Win! Yes, there's orange in the stripes, but it's not JUST orange, so she's okay with it.

Red tank top dress with matching red slippers. This was made from a youth T-shirt.

This is Cherry saying very plainly to me "Screw this, it's 10223087012395.8 degrees outside, the air conditioner's barely keeping up, it's too hot even to wear shoes, I'm done like dinner, and I'm wearing this for the rest of the day." It's a rose tank top dress much like her red one, made from another T-shirt of even lighter material.

Enough picspam for you guys? Wait till Halloween gets closer. XD

Thanks for looking!
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Cherry's Expanding Wardrobe [MANY MANY PIX]

Postby oniakki » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:52 pm

embyquinn wrote:Enough picspam for you guys? Wait till Halloween gets closer. XD

There is never enough picspam.... ever!
oniakki
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby victoriavictrix » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:26 pm

I can't heart this thread enough. Riri looks awesome.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby maywong » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:15 am

You did a great job on her clothes and shoes.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby richila » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:03 pm

I love the wardrobe that you are building for MSD Cherry!
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Fashionista Revolution