Go to footer

And you see your gypsy...

They're too sexy for their clothing - but they have to wear them anyway! Did you buy it? Did you make it? Who cares - let'm strut their stuff here!

And you see your gypsy...

Postby embyquinn » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:33 pm

Sorry, been watching too many 80s videos. The title is from Fleetwood Mac's "Gypsy".

I wanted to make a peasant blouse for Cherry, and a (fake) leather corset too. And I still had some of the pattern-stripe material from little Cherry's dress, so...

Cherry in gypsy-inspired garb. All she needs is a to-scale tambourine!

This is her new "default" wig, a bit darker than the almost-white pink wig. It suits her new paler skintone better. And yes, I've stopped fussing about with her faceup. I think it's done until it needs touching up.

A close-up of the peasant blouse and the corset. The blouse is super easy, just four blocks of cloth sewn together and strung with elastic. The corset is one piece with a very narrow dart up the front and a V cut out of the top to suggest slight unlacing, then a ribbon to give it a laced-up look.

Remember my friend/roomie K, who hates Cherry? When she saw this outfit (I didn't show it to her, she just happened to be in the same room), she said "You know I don't like dolls, but...that particular outfit you made for her is very striking."

I thanked her very warmly. It made me feel really good for her to say that.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Re: And you see your gypsy...

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:03 am

I agree with your friend - great outfit!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby davidd » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:26 pm

Oh, I think you've found her look! This is fantastic, it fits nicely and suits her quite well! Lovely work!
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby maywong » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:41 am

I love her outfit.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby richila » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:23 pm

Great outfit!
richila
I have no life but dolliehs