Go to footer

Kimono for April

They're too sexy for their clothing - but they have to wear them anyway! Did you buy it? Did you make it? Who cares - let'm strut their stuff here!

Kimono for April

Postby embyquinn » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:33 pm

New wig, new kimono, new parasol. You might remember the fabric from our journey to JoAnn's before Halloween. We thought at the time that it would make a good autumn kimono, but come April and we thought the suggestion in the pattern and colors was more appropriate for a season of melting snow, rain and fresh green leaves. The parasol is a double thickness of craft paper glued plain sides together, cut and pleated, and skewered with a chopstick.

A better view of the parasol, complete with the bow on top (which keeps falling off).

Sadly, not many flowers in the yard this season. The azaleas and the crabapples sort of got nipped by a late cold spell. But the wood sorrel says hi.

A good look at the complete kimono. The obi again is just red ribbon with a chocolate-colored obijime. The pattern of the kimono is so busy a plain obi looks best, and the red signifies hope (and matches the parasol).

It's clouding up a bit, and it looks like it might rain tomorrow. She holds her parasol so well, doesn't she?

Bonus image: My April wallpaper. I'm writing haiku for each of her kimono and doing a photo collage to match.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Kimono for April

Postby maywong » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:12 am

You did a nice job on everything. I wouldn't stand outside in that rain with a paper parasol too long.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Re: Kimono for April

Postby Jobee » Thu May 21, 2020 4:33 pm

Beautiful pictures!
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Return to Board index

Return to Fashionista Revolution