Go to footer

Halloween fabric

They're too sexy for their clothing - but they have to wear them anyway! Did you buy it? Did you make it? Who cares - let'm strut their stuff here!

Halloween fabric

Postby DollyKim » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:19 pm

Calico from Walmart 2021
The smallest print will definitely work for 1/6 scale
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Halloween fabric

Postby kenaiqueen » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:36 pm

I think those are really nice considering I never get any fabrics with spiders on them, at least not intentionally! I like the bigger print with the white background the best.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby davidd » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:41 pm

kenaiqueen wrote:... I never get any fabrics with spiders on them, at least not intentionally!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:53 am

I’m still tossed between making something for my Dollzone family or putting these with the quilt fabric. I saw the white first then noticed the other two went with it.
Really have to hand it to the designer for this batch because it’s either pure spooky or pure silly for most of these.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Tam I am » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:07 pm

Could you do both?
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:49 am

Not with only fat quarters of directional prints. The dolls are very particular that way.
Quilting and crafting will probably win out because of the print size. The DZ family already have enough clothes they don’t wear and calico isn’t really them. Won’t say there isn’t a rag doll pattern with a mix and match wardrobe who might benefit.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Tam I am » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:04 pm

LOL

...That reminds me. I still have to find someone to sew my vintage rag doll pattern for me. Soooo many doll children waiting to be born.

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

Postby DollyKim » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:21 am

If sewing machines and I got along I’d be creating cloth dolls left and right. I just want a simple strait stitch that doesn’t go a mile a minute. So much fabric to use up.
We got to live closer to each other, lol, I’d love some crafty friends to hang out with.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Tam I am » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:45 pm

Sounds like you'd get along with the antique treadle I learnt to sew on. Some people say you have to sew fast on those, but I've sewn slowly and carefully and she never tangled. Same with the later motorized treadle I used at my honorary grandma's. Now, I only have my hands to sew with, and it takes so long compared to crochet that my sewing projects are getting dusty.

That would be awesome. LOL You might have to put up with all kinds of crochet doll scarves and stuff being waved at you, though.

Tam I am

Postby DollyKim » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:14 pm

I thought about making something cottagecore/prairiecore or sort of peasant looking for my Dollzones but the shape of the clothes aren't them. And I already have an apron made of fabric where ghost sheets are hanging up to dry on a clothesline.

As we get more settled I will look for a rag doll pattern, and my "doll skin" fabric, with a mix and match wardrobe to play with. I made a bunch of them years and years ago and it worked out.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Fashionista Revolution