Go to footer

Handmade Outfit (Fst boned corset attempt)

They're too sexy for their clothing - but they have to wear them anyway! Did you buy it? Did you make it? Who cares - let'm strut their stuff here!

Handmade Outfit (Fst boned corset attempt)

Postby Mirrin » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:53 pm

It's a little big because it's not intended for him. Please tell me what you think. I put a lot of tears, sweat, and blood (literally, lol) into this outfit.
I actually gashed my hand open pretty good putting the grommets in the corset.

At Home: Lettice (RS Rong), Avery (PD Tara), Sebastian (RS Wu), Titiana (RS Li), Patrick (RS Mai), Vivica (DDoll Airi), Brody (DZ Hid), Fyodor (DDoll Hiro), Landon (WD HOE Juwel), Khoshekh (Oleum's Dolls)
Mirrin
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Handmade Outfit (Fst boned corset attempt)

Postby zirconmermaid » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:55 pm

I love the little patches. How did you put it together? I don't bone the ones I make, the stitching usually works like the boning for dolls. It's a really cute outfit!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Mirrin » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:01 pm

Thanks. I cut up a plastic package that a bunch of pencils came in to make the boning. I glued in the boning before I sewed it all together to hold it in place. It wasn't anything fancy...
I just thought of the way I've made real ones and tried to make it really small... I did the blanket stitch instead of the bias tape just to give it a little more patchwork-y feel.
At Home: Lettice (RS Rong), Avery (PD Tara), Sebastian (RS Wu), Titiana (RS Li), Patrick (RS Mai), Vivica (DDoll Airi), Brody (DZ Hid), Fyodor (DDoll Hiro), Landon (WD HOE Juwel), Khoshekh (Oleum's Dolls)
Mirrin
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Dark Angel » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:02 pm

It's very cute!!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby AlmySidaKay » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:17 am

Love it! Super Cute! <3
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby Moonstruckwitch » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:21 am

That is such a cute corset, great work!
Moonstruckwitch

Postby Mirrin » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:10 pm

Thank you guys... I think I'm too close to this outfit right now... I keep thinking it doesn't look nearly as good as it should.... I really need to stop being so picky! >_<
Mirrin
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Fashionista Revolution