Go to footer

Pixie Wear!

They're too sexy for their clothing - but they have to wear them anyway! Did you buy it? Did you make it? Who cares - let'm strut their stuff here!

Pixie Wear!

Postby TheShadow » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:47 am

I don't know about any of you, but when I think "pixie", I think flowers......clothing, that is. I've been having a lot of fun with silk flowers and putting together a couple outfits for some Planetdoll mini elf Renees. Here is the latest "Pixie" wear......(I bought this girl for my hubby for Father's day)......he named her "Copper". Because of her "coloring" (I made her eyebrows a reddish-brown and she is wearing "mountain dew" eyes) I felt she would look lovely in yellows, greens and oranges. Turns out, she does!

.....and the back.......

Hubby was very happy with his Father's Day doll and outfit!

A nice thing about working with silk flowers to make pixie-wear, is that it actually requires very little sewing. All the flower parts were put together with "Heat-n-Bond" (a double-sided iron-on adhesive). The only sewing that was done, was a button (hard to see because it blends so well with the outfit) and one hook and loop.
TheShadow
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Re: Pixie Wear!

Postby Valli » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:09 am

It's perfect. No wonder he was pleased. It looks as though Copper poses like a dream too. Excellent!
Valli
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby maywong » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:19 am

What a great idea. I would have never thought of flowers for clothing.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:27 am

Beautiful!!! You did a phenomenal job!

I have a friend on DoA named Elzamine, she has her own shop (Pretty Petal Designs) and she has some beautiful flower dresses! She's very friendly would probably love to talk about flower clothes with you! You should look her up, for inspiration if you ever need it. ^_^
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby TheShadow » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:32 pm

Valli wrote:It's perfect. No wonder he was pleased. It looks as though Copper poses like a dream too. Excellent!

Thanks, Valli! Frank was (and is) tickled pink over this girl. He's been playing with her nearly every day! And she does pose wonderfully. They come kind of "loose" from the factory (which I really think is a purposeful thing), so he tightened her up and glue-sueded her. He did that to mine as well.

We were both commenting to each other about how easy they would be to take places!

maywong wrote:What a great idea. I would have never thought of flowers for clothing.

Thanks, maywong. I had a dear friend who gave me some pixie type books a couple years ago. Turns out, they had quite a bit of inspiration in them!

Dark Angel wrote:Beautiful!!! You did a phenomenal job!

I have a friend on DoA named Elzamine, she has her own shop (Pretty Petal Designs) and she has some beautiful flower dresses! She's very friendly would probably love to talk about flower clothes with you! You should look her up, for inspiration if you ever need it. ^_^

Thanks, Dark Angel! I went and had a look at some of her creations! They are sooooo pretty! She does lovely work!
TheShadow
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby leopardessmoon » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:49 pm

she is very lovely, I am glad he likes her so!
leopardessmoon

Postby delbelcoure » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:14 am

Very lovely :D She looks like she'd fit in perfectly in Cicely Barker's world or the Fairie-ality world.
Susan
http://www.flickr.com/photos/delbelcoure
Does this, will this, enhance my life or the lives of others?
-Don Aslett
Ack! I'm being overrun by Monster High dolls and frankendollies!
delbelcoure
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Fashionista Revolution