Go to footer

Pink Hair! Really? New pictures 7/31

They're too sexy for their clothing - but they have to wear them anyway! Did you buy it? Did you make it? Who cares - let'm strut their stuff here!

Pink Hair! Really? New pictures 7/31

Postby delbelcoure » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:26 pm

This doll started out as an Essential Ellowyne - Wigged Out Fall 2007 Debut doll, but I just couldn't bond with her. I love how graceful and elegant she is, but there was just no spark. I altered Gene dresses for her, bought her clothes, wigs and shoes. I binged on making her cute undies -no dice.
I sent her to Charie Wilson who cut open her eyes and enhanced her faceup. Still nothing.
A flurry of fur wig sewing showed me that her default wig was obviously this cotton candy pink wig. What happy surprise! 
A few weeks ago I was wandering through a thrift store and they were having a buy 10 pieces of toddler clothing for 2 dollars sale. I really should have resisted, as I am beginning to drown in fabric, but I didn't.
Since I was stuck sitting down most of last week resting my ankle, I actually got a lot of sewing done. Here's what Ellowyne got from the fabric on the hoof haul:
This is the outfit that really introduced Ellowyne's personality to me. I just started pulling together pieces and then making accents; I made everything but the shoes. I modified Marsha Olsen's Decked out in Denim pattern and Adams-Harris's tights pattern.
Susan
Last edited by delbelcoure on Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/delbelcoure
Does this, will this, enhance my life or the lives of others?
-Don Aslett
Ack! I'm being overrun by Monster High dolls and frankendollies!
delbelcoure
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Pink Hair! Really?

Postby maywong » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:18 pm

It's funny how hair can really change a doll's looks.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:36 pm

She does look a lot more different than the subtle looking dark hair version
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby victoriavictrix » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:44 pm

Hopefully I can get a similar moment with the two Delilah Noir dolls a housemate gifted me with...

>.<

I wish he'd asked me before googling "BJD" and going to the first thing that came up.

Right now the only thing they are good for is as models for Minifee clothing. Or maybe I can get some of the Ellowyne/Delilah owners to start popping for clothing.

Or maybe I should send one to Googly for some sort of zombie makeover....
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby delbelcoure » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:48 pm

I really like the Delilah with the blue hair and dark lips, maybe she's destined to be alternative.
Susan
-Don Aslett
delbelcoure
the walls have dolliehs

Postby delbelcoure » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:43 am

maywong - It's true. I guess that's why I have a drawer of wigs ( and now that I've mastered making my own, they are multiplying like tribbles!).
Iwa_Hoshi - I think you nailed it. As my family says, I am subtle like a brick to the head. I guess I like my dolls the same way :D
-Don Aslett
delbelcoure
the walls have dolliehs

Postby delbelcoure » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:50 am

I just finished taking pictures of the Gracefaerie pattern, Planet Luxe. It is an original design by Charie Wilson, who is also the artist who opened Ellowyne's eyes and enhanced her faceup. 
This is a full wardrobe pattern with a lot of options, however it is for the 43cm Planetdoll girls. This means it had to take in pattern pieces to fit Ell better. Even so, they are a little baggy (no darts on these patterns). I guess this would be her comfy clothes. Trust Ell to have a glamorous, bumming around ensemble. 
I didn't photograph all the wearing options. The pants she's wearing here can be worn with the blue top as well for a very casual look. Her matching messenger bag can just be seen poking out from under her arm. The hat was so fun to make, I want to make more hats! 
You can't see them, but I had to make her underwear. This pattern didn't have a pair - scandelous! ;)
Susan
-Don Aslett
delbelcoure
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Pink Hair! Really? New pictures 7/18

Postby maywong » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:37 pm

" but I had to make her underwear." Yes, never leave home without them. LOL I love those colors.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby embyquinn » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:22 am

Beautiful piccahz! Yes, a different wig can really change a doll's whole aura. Chae-ri definitely approves of pink fun fur wigs--her "default" hair now is actually a hot pink fur wig. She has TWENTY wigs, but 9 times out of 10 she wears the pink fur. It's darker than Eli's wig, but about the same style. In fact, that first close-up of Eli in her pink wig really caught my attention--she and Chae-ri look enough alike to be related! (Chae-ri is a Liv Daniela with a whole new faceup.)
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:56 am

embyquinn wrote: She has TWENTY wigs, but 9 times out of 10 she wears the pink fur.

Why does it not surprise me that once you give a doll a bunch of wigs, the amount of wigs steadily increase. My brown hair boy has a collection of wigs in brown and various shade of blue and one rocker wig :lol:
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Fashionista Revolution