Go to footer

Years worth of Frustration Sewing

They're too sexy for their clothing - but they have to wear them anyway! Did you buy it? Did you make it? Who cares - let'm strut their stuff here!

Years worth of Frustration Sewing

Postby Faydreams » Thu May 08, 2014 6:30 am

I don't always have my sewing work out the way I want it to. Either patterns need adjusting or something like that. When I get frustrated with the mistakes I'm making I will move on to a different bit of sewing. Something simple that works every time I try it. That's where these little dresses come in at. These are the result of the last year.

ImageOoak Dresses for Puki Puki by faydreams, on Flickr

They fit Puki Puki and are intended for them, but they fit others as well. You can see they will work on 11.5cm Obitsu, Fancy Nancy, the old Kelly style, and even the new Chelsea doll bodies. I have a Chelsea body but her head is now on the Obitsu, so she isn't pictured here.

ImagePuki Puki Dresses by faydreams, on Flickr

These are two others of the drop waist dresses. I have two more cut out but all my sewing seems to be working out right lately. They are still in pieces waiting for the next time.

ImagePuki Puki doll dress detail by faydreams, on Flickr

Another reason for all the frustration sewing is I have been teaching myself to embroider over the last year. You can see some of the results of that around the neck line and waist in the picture above. That is called a chain stitch. These little dresses give me the perfect practice pieces as they are so tiny. Every stitch has to be small in the scale I choose to sew in. You can't get much smaller than these.

Well that's it. I am sure more frustration is in my future, so stay tuned.
The pen is mightier than the sword.... Unless this is a sword fight.
Faydreams
Dolly Pardon

Re: Years worth of Frustration Sewing

Postby Eseme » Thu May 08, 2014 10:53 am

Those dresses are lovely! Great fit.

And what a good idea - working on a tried and true pattern when new projects do not work out well. I will remember that tip, thanks!

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Faydreams » Thu May 08, 2014 11:44 am

Thank you. It has served to calm me down enough to fix the mistakes and not toss the idea altogether.

A side benefit is I now have several little dresses to sell at some point. :lol:
Faydreams
Dolly Pardon

Postby zirconmermaid » Thu May 08, 2014 5:15 pm

I am in awe of the tiny chainstich! Those are really cute, too! I love your idea about working on an easy pattern, I need to remember this one, too! Thank you!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Faydreams » Tue May 13, 2014 6:30 am

Thank you, and you're welcome. The embroidery is rather time consuming but turns out so nicely.
Faydreams
Dolly Pardon

Postby koratheexplora » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:21 am

See now THESE would frustrate me. SO TINY. And very detailed. I love the embroidery. I have a bunch of small dolls who need some dresses if you get frustrated. ;) :D I have only made one dress from ribbon fabric for a SIS doll (the Chelsea sized ones) I'll post about her soon.
koratheexplora
i see dead dolliehs

Postby koratheexplora » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:17 am

Here's the dress I made from ribbons. It's the only small scale doll clothing I've been able to complete.
koratheexplora
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Fashionista Revolution