Go to footer

Doll Separation Anxiety?

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Doll Separation Anxiety?

Postby Jobee » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Well, as some of you may know, I was trying to reroot my Raven Queen's hair. OMG, I couldn't handle the stress! I just wanted her to have nice, long hair with purple streaks in it like the cartoon. But my standards for myself are astronomically higher than my standards for other people. It's not fair to myself in any way, but it's just part of who I am. I agonized over every single strand I rooted, sure I was doing it wrong somehow, til it was making me crazy. SO, there I was, upset and with a half bald Raven head that resembled a goth Tank Girl. My dreams of Ever After High dolls with show-accurate hair were fading fast.

I needed help, so, I turned to the internet, looking for people who rerooted doll hair for a modest fee. I checked our forums first, then Google. I found a few people who did reroot commissions and contacted 4 of them, then waited. Two contacted me back. One said she had room for one doll reroot at the end of April. Another said she wasn't busy and quoted me a very modest price.

Today I sent the payment over paypal, and I shipped 5 precious doll heads to another part of the country. I got so anxious I was almost a wreck today. I took a risk, now I just gotta wait for my doll heads to arrive at the rerooter's house and hope they send progress pics often. I'm so anxious. Raven, Maddie, Darling, Faybelle AND Briar are all headless right now! And I've customized some of those heads, they're special to me!
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Re: Doll Separation Anxiety?

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:21 pm

I think that's totally normal. I get it too, as do a lot of people. I try to occupy myself/my thoughts so that I don't miss them as much. Also, leaving their bodies (sounds so bad!) somewhere that you can't see might help. Out of sight, out of mind kind of thing.

Some people recommend doing things for your headless dollies. If you can sew, make them new clothes. That kind of thing. That way you're still with them even if the heads aren't. I've found that it does help somewhat. But that anxiety is always there :(
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Jobee » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:21 pm

Thank you so much Dark Angel. This is a really tough time for me and no one else in my house understands... I should try to make myself a little more busy.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Jobee » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:30 pm

Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Dark Angel » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:04 pm

Hahaha Aww...
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel

Postby Trethowan » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:49 pm

I was anxious when I sent Micah and Ivan off to have their faces and blushing upgraded. It was really stressful. They're irreplaceable. We love our little dolliehs. <3
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Jobee » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:13 pm

I tell myself that these guys heads are replaceable, I mean, they kinda are, but... They're MY dollies? You know? lol

Well, it's been a week and a half so far. The first few days were really depressing. I moped a lot. Then, I got back into World of Warcraft. Leave it to the geniuses at Blizzard to make me feel like I'm getting something done even when I'm not! I've been playing WoW nonstop for the past few days, all for that precious sense of accomplishment. I've gotten word and photo evidence that my Raven Queen head is finished, but that leaves 4 more heads to go. My rerooter said she'd work on Darling Charming tonight, and I'm looking forward to it.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Jobee » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:22 pm

2 and a half weeks with the headless doll crew. Maddie and Darling have been rooted, but me and the rerooter agreed that different colors were needed to make Briar and Faybelle's hair "just right." The fuchsia I ordered for Briar's pink streak was just too purple, and I was completely reconsidering what I had for Faybelle. So, it's gonna be another couple weeks. My Kitty Cheshire doll is enjoying all the personal attention, but missing her friends. Still playing lots of WoW. My main mage is pretty well geared and my hunter is almost max level. Just two more to go!

What if I hate them when they get here? What if I love them, and don't like Kitty's hair as much anymore? I can't stop having these thoughts...
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Dark Angel » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:05 pm

Aw! *hugs* I get those thoughts too. I haven't sent away my doll's heads (he has 3) to be painted yet because I'm so afraid that I won't like it. I'm not 100% sure what I want with him so I was going to let the artist just work her magic but I'm SO nervous. I know she'll do great, I love the other two that she did for me.

Stupid nerves :?
My Family:
Dark Angel

Postby Jobee » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:48 pm

Wahoo! They're almost finished! They should be coming back next week. ^.^
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!