Go to footer

Advice for selling Atari and Wii systems

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Advice for selling Atari and Wii systems

Postby DollyKim » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:18 am

Basically we're looking to part with our Atari 2600 and older games my mother swears could buy us a house, but I'm not that sure, along with a Wii that would include the fitness part and a couple of games, maybe a rock star or two. As you've probably guessed they work but haven't been used much as hiding them from destructive relatives was part of the plan.

Anyone have any advice on how to go about doing it? I'd be okay with something like a pawn shop or consignment or private sale but not something like Game Stop. Not in the mood to do online that doesn't involve pick up because I'm not getting in to that mess either.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Advice for selling Atari and Wii systems

Postby Kattriella » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:46 am

Maybe Facebook Marketplace?
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby victoriavictrix » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:59 am

DollyKim wrote:Basically we're looking to part with our Atari 2600 and older games my mother swears could buy us a house, but I'm not that sure, along with a Wii that would include the fitness part and a couple of games, maybe a rock star or two. As you've probably guessed they work but haven't been used much as hiding them from destructive relatives was part of the plan.

Anyone have any advice on how to go about doing it? I'd be okay with something like a pawn shop or consignment or private sale but not something like Game Stop. Not in the mood to do online that doesn't involve pick up because I'm not getting in to that mess either.

Your mother is looking at games and consoles that are still in their shrink wrap and never played, and thinking she's going to get that for used games. She's delusional. I'm going to make a rough estimate of $500 for the entire system and all games combined.

Here's one place where you can go to find real world prices.

https://www.pricecharting.com/console/atari-2600

"Graded" price means it has been professionally graded, just like a comic book. As you can see here https://www.cgcvideogames.com/submit/services-and-fees you are unlikely to make back your grading fee.

Basically, you've got a bunch of common Beanie Babies there when it comes to selling them.

My advice would be to find a big flea market, and a used games dealer.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:45 pm

Thanks.

I thought a few $$$ would be the most for all of it because of emulators and all that. I get a bit with the grading, got some good deals because I'll take crappy boxes.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!