Go to footer

Your latest buys!

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Your latest buys!

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:36 pm

DollyKim wrote:Hoarding grandma and my sister left us with piles of things that became unusable instead of being used for their intended purpose.

I'm trying to slowly get rid of stuff I don't use, but I admit to being a bit of a hoarder. (Fabric, beads, clothing, etc.) I don't have piles of stuff I have to walk around to move in my house, but I def have stuff in storage that needs to go. I blame it on my mom who told her 9 kids that we owned nothing, it was all hers and she could take it away from us any time we were arguing over a toy/clothing etc. Don't be that parent!

Meantime, I have a new white-haired RH due to arrive tomorrow and I ordered the Fantastic Fasion Amaya along with another shelf set specifically for my RH dolls. Picked up a Barbie Extra that I may swap heads so my Sailor cosplay girl has a MTM body.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kattriella » Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:24 pm

Found series 1 Foodie Mini Brands in the wild, and my (second) Barbie Looks #19 just arrived today. I'm going to name her Aria. Thankfully, the first one isn't sad about giving up her tall body because now she has access to Barbie's Endless Shoe Closet.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:22 am

So this store that sells comic book, action figures, Funko Pops, and gaming stuff has this doll by Alchemic Labo. She's out of box, has an extra face plate but it's blank, they say she's a Lusis in EX condition but who knows? But I'll take a chance on her, Unoa what I mean. (this is how I got my Phantom of the Paradise at a discount because his box wasn't in an*l collector condition) And of course I found that Volks MDD at a junk store for less than some Barbies go for.

Was also able to get a yawn/sneeze face plate with a great face up elsewhere and she's still going to come out less than what I paid for the Chibi. That just leaves an Ange face and any others I can find. I half think she smells like smoke or something but I can fix that and I'm going to wipe the face up because it's meh.

Thank you fairy doll person and may everyone else's doll wishes come true!
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:15 am

Awesome, DollyKim!!!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Stormlight » Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:04 am

Wow, I seriously need to go thrifting more often. I keep hearing about all these amazing finds!

My big purchase is … Loona the pet robot. I just … couldn’t resist? I mean, she’s just so CUTE.

https://youtube.com/shorts/QWg0ZKsZxbk? ... bQ7eW-tI04

Maybe I’m just missing my cats who both passed in the last year (they were both old, 16 and almost 18, and both of them developed kidney disease).

I’d been hedging on getting another cat because while I love them, I don’t love the vet bills, the food expenses (especially if they end up needing special vet-prescription food like BOTH of my cats did), or the hair that gets everywhere…. A robot pet might be just the right answer?
Stormlight

Postby DollyKim » Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:42 am

Try mom and pop shops, use cash, but also try Deseret Industries which is where I found the MDD, just about all the Wells Fargo ponies, a 'designer' coffin shaped purse that cost more origionally than the bags they have behind glass, and a recent haul of 90s Barbies. The prices are weird tho, they over value box store junk and under value finds and treasures.

I already have a Chibi Unoa, which is how I recognized the Alchemic Labo, this time I'm getting a Lusis. But it's off a legit buyer protection site and I honestly think they didn't really bother to look up what they had because if she was listed as a Unoa she would have been gone in a heartbeat.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:43 pm

I've been collecting older handheld video game consoles lately, and trying to get my hands on ALL the Pokemon games. I shall have to post pictures soon once I've finished accumulating my current haul.
Kattriella

Postby Tam I am » Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:37 pm

I finally found Gudetama to buy.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

Postby DollyKim » Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:35 pm

My Lusis and extra akubi face came in. More pictures when I have time. Got to to get the default face plate face-up off, it's already scratched and peeling and I don't think she likes it.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby kenaiqueen » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:31 pm

I have it on good authority that I will be getting a Rainbow High Lilac Lane for my birthday in a couple of weeks. Because my DH always asks me to go get what I want so he can wrap it up for me. Not that he doesn't want to shop...he's just afraid of buying the wrong doll LOL! Not that I care. I have a few he's bought me that I didn't ask for but love them just the same. He's a keeper. (Also, he won't shop online, but he's older than me and I understand.)

I was lucky she showed up at our local Walmart.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!