Go to footer

How many dolls?

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

How many dolls?

Postby maywong » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:17 pm

My BF was giving me grief that I had too many dolls. So I was wondering how many dolls do you have in your collection?
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Re: How many dolls?

Postby Stormlight » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:56 pm

At last count, over 40. I've sold off a few since then, but pretty sure the number hasn't dropped much. heh heh
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Jobee » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:26 pm

Huh, lemme see...

3 Hujoos (Feebee, Zeebee, and Secret)
2 Volks (Gabby and Lola)
2 Obitsus (Amiga and Mika)
1 EAH here and 1 EAH coming (Orchid and a Kitty Cheshire)
1 MLP (Pinkie Pie)

So I currently have about 10. They're usually all quite hidden though. And poor Mika's missing a head.

My husband doesn't like dolls very much, so I keep pretty tight control on how many I have and I try to keep them put away when I'm not using them. If I weren't so courteous of my husband's needs, I'd probably have 40 easily! But he's still courteous of my needs too and lets me keep and acquire new ones slowly. I don't think you should have to get rid of any dolls for your partner, but maybe they need to be stowed away sometimes.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby zirconmermaid » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:05 pm

I refuse to count, on the grounds that it might incriminate me. However, three more, wait four more, showed up in the last eight days. If the count is limited to bjd, I can squeak in under 70. If I had to count them all? Let's just say that I would bet the number is over 500. And if you add in the Anime figures, well then I really think I need to add another digit. But in my own defense, I have over 50 years of doll collecting, plus some of them actually are my husbands.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Aeilia » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:53 am

There's around 30 BJDs, but counting the fashion dolls and others brings it closer to 55. There's also others, which are packed away in boxes, waiting to move on. Yikes! Where did they all come from!
Aeilia
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:09 am

350 1/6th scale dolls...plus parts and bodies. Ever since Playline dolls got articulation in spades like Fashionistas, Liv and Made to Move it's been hard to say no to a doll head cuz now i can rebody it easier.
I also have like 6 bjds and 20 MH dolls but yeah...
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Stormlight » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:14 am

I didn't even count my non-resin dolls. I also have two Hujoos, a bity bitsu, and a gaggle of Monster High (just added the 17 inch Gooliope to the collection). So that probably brings the count to over fifty. ^^;
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:25 am

6 Dollzones, 2 Orientdolls, 1 Obitsu 60, 1 Felixdoll Brownie, 1 Puki Puki, 1 Dollkot Fairy, 1 Eve Studio guy. As for the 1/6 I haven't counted but I don't count Monsters. No idea exactly how many Monsters. Then there's action figures. I've made Roger the Centaur and the 1830s doll. Got a knitting doll...

I'll guess I have a ****load.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:45 am

not counting the 100 odd plushies and 60+ or more 1/8 and below action figures that are boxed away.

1/6ers - 18
1/3ers - 4

The doll population had stablised as neither clan plushie nor clan action figures have given me any more distinctive characters to dollify. Technically I only have 2 more slots for 1/6ers. They have they own form of "population regulation". Headless bodies and floating heads are not excatly dolls, just spare parts. I would love to have two more 1/4ers but that would depend on whether Helen wants to replicate herself to that size.

The dolls also regulate the other 2 population, I have not bought much Figmas or 1/8 and below action figures after I gotten them.
Last edited by Iwa_Hoshi on Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Kirahfaye » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:56 am

My doll gang is lower than it's one time high of about 20, but I do have a SD on layaway and 4 rolling heads (although 3 are looking for new homes).

So I current have 1 Luts SD girl, 2 MNFs, 1 Dollmore FMD and 1 Iplehouse JID, 1 LTF, 1 Integrity Toys Dynamite Girl and 6 MHs (although 2 are on Ebay).
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!