Go to footer

Motivation

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Motivation

Postby Dark Angel » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:42 pm

So the girls have both been unstrung, cleaned, hot glue sueded, and restrung! Woo! Go me! Apparently I just needed to vent for a bit in order to get a bit of motivation. I still need to make a wig for Eros and take some decent pics of my new dollies, but that will have to wait for a day off of work. (And when the wind isn't blowing so hard! 50mph!)
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Jobee » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:27 pm

Wow, you got a lot done! That's awesome!
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:41 pm

Well, for me I have projects to do but I can't shoot everything in one go due to distraction on the work front and energy levels. I end up rotating the dolls in and out of themes to shoot when I'm in the mood. Like currently there's some fancy lights displays for Megu-Chun to add on her stagemaster/magician portfolio and the anticipation of Ghost in the shell for Jack. The backdrop is in the same location as Megu-Chun, just lots of business district buildings (not like he can go Hong Kong...) for Jack.

Think of the photography as a branch of the hobby itself, since the camera captures how you see your doll in the mix. You could keep a small doll with you on your non-shoot days as the scout of the group to help you spot interesting locations. In between spend some time reading or just fiddling with doll outfits and see what comes up.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Dark Angel » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:06 pm

Iwa_Hoshi wrote:Think of the photography as a branch of the hobby itself, since the camera captures how you see your doll in the mix. You could keep a small doll with you on your non-shoot days as the scout of the group to help you spot interesting locations. In between spend some time reading or just fiddling with doll outfits and see what comes up.

That's a great idea! I've been wanting to take Carmen and/or Sazuki with me to work for a while but I'm so nervous about it. Maybe I'll just do it. Hmm... now I'm thinking about making a little dolly pouch to keep them in so that they'll be safe even while traveling in my purse... Hmm...
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel

Postby DollyKim » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:37 am

You'd be surprised how many smiles the sudden appearance of a little doll can make.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Jobee » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:49 pm

Dolly Kim! I missed you! And you are so right. A little smiling face can just light up a whole room. Man, if Raven and Maddie weren't smiling back at me, I might not be able to keep this rerooting project going.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Dark Angel » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:07 am

Carmen is at work with me today. :) It's fun (maybe a little scary too) just knowing that she's here. She's in my locker right now, locked up safe and sound. I've taken a couple pictures, maybe I'll share them later if there's any good ones.
My Family:
Dark Angel

Postby Dark Angel » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:48 pm

Here's a few pics of Carmen that I took while she was at work with me.

She mostly stayed in my (locked!) locker.

But we did have a little fun with the foosball table.

"Alice" peering into the looking glass.

My Family:
Dark Angel

Postby SetsunaKou » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:52 pm

Oooh, how cute! I especially like the one in the mirror!!! Awesome shot!!!!!

That must've be fun to know she was with you at work!!! :)
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!