Go to footer

Nobody Else Understands...

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Nobody Else Understands...

Postby Jobee » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:51 pm

Nobody else understands plastic and resin roommates like you guys do. I'm really sorry for disappearing. I wish I never left. I don't know why, but I thought when I was switching to Western dolls, I needed to find someplace new to haunt, but that makes no sense, because this is the Dollieh Sanctuary!

Man, I have loads of dolly stuff to get you guys caught up on. Riding the Mattel Train is a really bumpy ride! I've got a small platoon of Ever After High and Monster High dolls. They're fully articulated, except for their ankles. You know Mattel, gotta have permanent high heel feet! Their shoes are works of art though, never boring!

My Raven Queen doll has a huge wardrobe, and currently she's waiting for new hair to arrive. My first reroot attempt in years, and I'm really hoping it turns out okay. If it does, I'm gonna redo half my girl's hair! I'm so excited for the thought of having more show-accurate dolls. My Raven and her companion, Madeline "Maddie" Hatter, have the two biggest wardrobes. Maddie likes homemade clothing too, so she has some one of a kind stuff. Raven, Maddie, and a few others have all had their heads swapped out from the first model to the newer, smiling model. I really love when my dolls look happy. It makes me feel happier.

My Kitty Cheshire doll has had a smile from the beginning, so she hasn't needed a head swap. Which is a relief, because I don't think they're gonna make any new Kitty Cheshire dolls... Kitty has a companion too, a Darling Charming. These two don't have huge wardrobes, but they just don't want new things as much as Raven and Maddie did. But Darling DOES want her noble steed, so I ordered her a white horse off Ebay. It's coming soon. I have a big challenge ahead of me, designing and crafting armor for Darling, because she's a white knight! She already has a sword and shield. I ordered them off Etsy last year.

I got two recent additions to my Ever After High collection, Briar Beauty and Faybelle Thorn. I've wanted a Briar Beauty for a long time because I love her clothes, pretty dark pink and black. I used to just ship Briar with Apple White, whom my sister has, but nowadays I ship her with Faybelle Thorn instead, so I got Faybelle! She has the old head sculpt, which gives her a bit of a "resting bitch face" but she's a little bit of a shady character, so it really suits her personality fine.

I've also gotten into Monster High! Not really big though, just a little. Well, 4 counts as a little, right? The oldest one I have is Kjersti Trollson, she's a nerdy cutie! Love her! I thought she would be a good companion with Ari Hauntington, but they just didn't seem to like each other much... Can't force it, right? I got a Moanica D'kay for Ari, and they're both reboots, so they have stuff in common to talk about, even if they weren't exactly friends in the movie. I'm weird, I know. And guess what? I won an online contest and the prize was a Zomby Gaga doll! Kjersti and Gaga really get along well, so I'm not worried about Kjersti's happiness so much nowadays.

Don't worry, I still have my old favorites, Amiga, Lola, Gabby, Feebee, and Zeebee. They still creep my hubby out, so I don't take them out often, but I still cherish them and keep them safe. Sadly, when we moved out of our last apartment to our first house, Mika got lost in the move. But the rest of them are all okay! :D

I'm doing faceups again, for my sister's custom dolls. And I'm still taking loads of pictures! I'll share some soon.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Re: Nobody Else Understands...

Postby SetsunaKou » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:08 pm

:hugs: Jobee-san!!!! :hugs again: We missed you around here!! So nice to see you back!!
And, the same thing happened to us, except we kinda went full circle!
While we're still making TONS of anime dolls for commission work, we pretty much completed our own sets of anime dollfie and BJD, so we went back to concentrate on my Disney collection!

So we're kinda in the same boat, ne?! :laughs:

Anyway, can't wait to see your gang!!!! :hugs again:
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Jobee » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:53 pm

Setsuna! Yay! You have always dazzled me with your amazing custom dollies. It's good to see you too! Here's an outdated shelfie of my crew.

Here's a pic from January. Since then, I traded my Farrah Goodfairy with my sister for her Briar Beauty, and added a Zomby Gaga. I'll take another group photo after Raven has hair again. ^_^
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby kenaiqueen » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:12 pm

I have a handful of both MH and EAH dolls and Briar has been my favorite all along. I heard that there were no new EAH dolls at the latest Toy Fair in NYC which some are taking as a sign they may be dropping the line. Shannon Hale, a favorite author of mine, has written a couple books for EAH geared for middle school and I looked one over but didn't check it out at my library. Can't wait to see your re-root pics!
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Jobee » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:33 pm

Kenai! I'm glad you're here too! I actually read all the Shannon Hale EAH books, I thought they were really good. It's true, there were no EAH dolls at this year's toy fair, but Mattel has insisted they're not dropping the line.... I wish they'd come out with some PROOF!
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:15 pm

I want to pick up a few more just in case. I like the dragon riders outfits but I have no room for a huge plastic dragon! Unless...I hung it off the ceiling....ummmmm.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Jobee » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:59 pm

They only made one big dragon, Apple White. The rest didn't come with dragons. If there are some EAH dolls you want, don't wait, because some are being marked discontinued by the manufacturer.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:42 pm

Welcome back! Good to see you back, too (although I have been stalking you a little on Tumblr…). Looking forward to seeing pics and more posts from you :)
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Jobee » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:14 pm

Am, I've missed you too! Tumblr has a decent crowd, but it's just not the same as our friendly little sanctuary. I've been there a year and haven't gotten to know anyone really.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:44 pm

I know what you mean - I mainly use it to dump the odd pic and follow people!
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!