Go to footer

Anniversary and JordonCon

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Anniversary and JordonCon

Postby Jobee » Tue May 02, 2017 12:38 pm

OMG I hope you never have to go to that hotel ever again! I'm really glad you still made the best of it.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby kenaiqueen » Wed May 03, 2017 10:23 pm

Sorry you had so many problems. I'd be giving out some very honest opinions on yelp if I were you tho.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Thu May 04, 2017 5:32 am

My husband left a review on the Marriott web page.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Kirahfaye » Fri May 05, 2017 1:39 pm

And it wasn't all terrible. JordanCon itself was fabulous, fantastic and fun! I'm such an introvert that it's hard for me talk to people I don't know, even if they've been friends with my husband for years. I don't make friends easily, especially in crowded situations.

I've been to the con before, but not more than a day each time. This time I volunteered with the Charity event (to support the Mayo Clinic's Amyloidosis Research Fund - the rare blood disease James Rigney Jr., a.k.a Robert Jordan, died from). I even arranged to get a personal canvas print donated to the event from Jasmine Beckett-Griffith prior to the con (she's so sweet). My husband is the assistant director for charity events and I helped him with setup on Friday and throughout the silent auction on Saturday and it was great fun and really rewarding. I got to meet and assist so many attendees, vendors and staffers.... I'm actually looking forward to helping Jeff more throughout the year and at next year's con! Besides, it's the 10th Anniversary of JordanCon (as well as the 20th anniversary of DragonMount), so it should be a wonderful event. :D
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby Kirahfaye » Tue May 09, 2017 6:14 am

At the urging of friends, my husband sent a series of Twitters out tagging Marriott about the situation and he received a very quick reply from corporate who informed us that someone from the hotel we stayed at would be contacting us Monday. And they did - giving us the exact word for word apology that Marriott gave Jeff via Twitter PM.

How considerate. That made everything so much better......... :roll:
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!