Go to footer

Photobucket Coercion TOS Change

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Photobucket Coercion TOS Change

Postby Dark Angel » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:03 pm

Edit: Yay it worked!! So from the [ img] to the [ /img] Awesome. Thanks Kirahfaye! (you dumbed it down for me :lol: )
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:46 pm

Kirahfaye wrote:I don't know if anyone here uses Photobucket, but apparently they have changed their TSO and no longer allow sharing photos hosted on Photobucket with other web sites unless you pay them about $400.00 a year. :shock: Here's more information on DOA - https://denofangels.com/threads/photobucket-tos-changes.749972/

That reminds me, I have to download my pics.

Photobucket'sinterface had gotten so user unfriendly that I had to switch to Flickr
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Dark Angel » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:17 pm

Guys... I just deleted my account! I joined Photobucket in 2006. Wow.

Also, I totes don't get Flickr. :lol:

:oops:
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:58 pm

For Flickr i kept it bookmarked at Recent activity to prevent it for crashing my netbook on first load and then click over to People I follow page to check out whats new. The default home page is an eyesore to navigate.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Kirahfaye » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:11 pm

For some reason, something to do with Yahoo (which I loathe), my default page is one from 9 years ago that I have 3 pics saved on. I have to click on You and Photostream to get to my actual account. :lol: I have not found a way to delete the old account because that seems to be the one Yahoo "sees" for me.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby kenaiqueen » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:03 pm

Well, heck. Guess I will be dropping photobucket then.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby TasiaChiba » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:53 am

Dark_Angel, yay, it works!!!

Maaaan.... whole thing makes me somewhat nostalgic. I joined Photobucket back in 2005, lol! It was _the_ image hosting site!!!

Then they made sharing difficult, so I started looking for other hosting many years ago. I pretty much just host my own photos now, but I use Flickr for social sharing. I think this is sad for PB to do this, but I've been seeing a decline in free hosting sites. PB is doing what imageshack, among others, did a few years back due to falling revenues. It seems like the companies don't know how to change with the time and re-invent themselves, so this is their version of re-inventing themselves. Flickr and instagram work well because they follow the DeviantArt model to some degree, which encourages social sharing to drive users back to the website... =shrugs= Guess we'll see how well PB stays afloat after this. /o\
http://eof.cloverpetals.com/images/dolliehsignature.png
Tasia@DA // Ends of Fate (BJD Site) // ResinAngel@DA (BJD)
Jacera (DM Lilis Liv) | Bríean (CP Shiwoo Vampire) | Inathe (Unoa Lusis) | Graeme (DS Saint) +moar~
TasiaChiba
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:08 pm

TasiaChiba wrote:Maaaan.... whole thing makes me somewhat nostalgic. I joined Photobucket back in 2005, lol! It was _the_ image hosting site!!!

Right?! I joined in 2006. :roll: Nothing like spitting in the faces of long time customers. Oh well, the world is all about money now.

So here's another Flickr question: When you upload a photo and don't assign it to an album, where does it go?
My Family:
Dark Angel

Postby TasiaChiba » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:53 pm

I feel ya >_<;;;;

If you don't assign an album it just goes to your Photostream. By default images are not assigned to albums, and even if they are, you still get to see all images on your Photostream. Just look for it in the Photostream or Camera Roll (which is by date), click on it, and you can still edit the image and add it to an ablum.
http://eof.cloverpetals.com/images/dolliehsignature.png
Tasia@DA // Ends of Fate (BJD Site) // ResinAngel@DA (BJD)
Jacera (DM Lilis Liv) | Bríean (CP Shiwoo Vampire) | Inathe (Unoa Lusis) | Graeme (DS Saint) +moar~
TasiaChiba
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Dark Angel » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:27 am

It's not in my photostream, that's why I'm confused. :roll: Oh well. It was just one photo. I'll just assign the rest to albums from now on.
My Family:
Dark Angel

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!