Go to footer

AWOL - Sorta

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

AWOL - Sorta

Postby Kirahfaye » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:35 am

Tomorrow my daughter and I will be driving down to SFL to pack up my mom and move her up here with us. It's been a long road to get her to accept this move, but things have finally gotten far enough beyond her ability to control that's she is admitting she can't live on her own anymore. I wish she wouldn't have waited until it got this bad, but.... We should be back in town on the 13th, mother in tow.

Anyway, I have my husband's laptop, but I'm not sure about my mom's internet access anymore since she doesn't go online at all. We do have our Verison mi-fi, but I don't know how much time (or energy) I will have to get online. I will try to pop in once a day, but if you don't "see" me for a few days - this is why! Wish me luck - 5 adults in a household (two of which qualify as disabled and one of those a senior with increasing limitations) will make for some fun times, I'm sure! :lol:
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: AWOL - Sorta

Postby Dark Angel » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:41 pm

Good luck! Don't worry about us, just take care of business. We'll be happy to see you back with hopefully good news that the move went smoothly.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Trethowan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:51 pm

I do hope it all works out well. Best wishes to you.
Trethowan

Postby SetsunaKou » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:12 am

:hugs: God bless you!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby kenaiqueen » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:13 pm

As a senior, I say bless you.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:24 pm

We are all dead tired, but we got home about noon, unloaded the truck and cars and even returned the rental car by 5pm. We have boxes and some furniture everywhere, but my mom has her room pretty much set up (except for the new chair I promised her because I put my foot down about the ratty, catted 30 year old chair she wanted to bring.....).

Both pups accepted her almost immediately (she must smell like family :wink: ).

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I'll continue to need them as we adjust to this new life. :? She's extremely forgetful (something we will discuss with the doctor in a couple of weeks) and gets irritable and petulant easily. Then again, I am an impatient person, and I'm going to have to work very hard on that with her.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby DollyKim » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:44 am

I live with >insert Charlie Brown scream< so I feel ya.

With "I forgot" as a convenient excuse from one of them I just work around and without them as much as possible.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kirahfaye » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:00 pm

If only it was a convenient excuse. She's scared because she's aware of how forgetful she's become - I think she's worried she's going to forget her memories of my step-dad. :cry:
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:08 pm

Maybe you could help her make a scrap book of him? That might be a fun way to do something together and remember him.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!