Go to footer

Excited for the eclipse?

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Excited for the eclipse?

Postby Stormlight » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:34 pm

I had to work so I missed it completely. :(

But I just read some article about NASA confirming that we'll be experiencing a 15 day blackout in November due to some phenomenon happening with Jupiter and Venus (I think that was the planet). Have no idea if this is true, but it'll sure be interesting if it is.
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:42 pm

Planetary conjunctions and astrologer's predictions don't cause blackouts, especially ones that can be predicted to last for a certain time. Solar flares, critters eating power lines, human causes, and natural disasters do.

Now if you don't mind, I need to make sure Eris and Haumea are in the right place to plant my hooey.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby victoriavictrix » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:43 pm

Stormlight wrote:I had to work so I missed it completely. :(

But I just read some article about NASA confirming that we'll be experiencing a 15 day blackout in November due to some phenomenon happening with Jupiter and Venus (I think that was the planet). Have no idea if this is true, but it'll sure be interesting if it is.

This is totally untrue.

http://www.snopes.com/15-days-darkness-november/

You know, all you have to do when you hear these absurd pieces of nonsense is check snopes.

http://www.fox25boston.com/weather/no-earth-will-not-experience-15-days-of-darkness/596450761

You know you're wrong when even Fox News says you're wrong.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Stormlight » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:13 am

Eh. Half the time I don't even remember snopes exists. It's too bad, though. It really would have been interesting. The whole country would have experienced what it's like to live in Alaska for fifteen days. lol
Stormlight

Postby Dark Angel » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:05 am

Stormlight wrote:Eh. Half the time I don't even remember snopes exists. It's too bad, though. It really would have been interesting. The whole country would have experienced what it's like to live in Alaska for fifteen days. lol

:lol: If I wanted to know what that is like, I'd move to Alaska.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Stormlight » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:19 am

Naaaw, I'd never move to Alaska. Months of twilight/darkness at a time? That would be depressing! Fifteen days would be quite enough. lol
Stormlight

Postby DollyKim » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:46 am

Months to read, watch DVDs, do art, and play dolls? As long as I didn't have to bring my family I think I could do it.

Already had plenty of practice being on "home arrest" when we didn't have a car and most of the places I've lived in haven't had decent heat.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!