Go to footer

Puerto Rico second hand check in

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Puerto Rico second hand check in

Postby K2! » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:23 am

zirconmermaid wrote:I heard through Kiki's sister that she is ok and so is her dad.

Relief!
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Kirahfaye » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:01 am

SO happy to hear that! :mrgreen:
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Qrinta » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:11 am

Yay! Glad they are ok!
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Eseme » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:05 am

Oh thank you for sharing that. The news has been nothing but bad, and so heartbreaking. Good to hear that she is OK. I cannot imagine what she has been going through.

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Yanagi-sen » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:07 pm

Kiki just called me. She and her husband are staying with his parents, there is one phone that actually works. They had just heard today from the last of his relatives and everyone is okay. Her father has a cistern and the in-laws have a well so they are good for water. Her father's house lost part of a roof off the terrace but the solar panels stayed in place! He has limited power, they were even able to run a load of laundry yesterday.

She says it is miserable, but they are okay.

*relief*
Yanagi-sen
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kirahfaye » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:00 am

Thank you for letting us know - so glad they are basically okay. I know that much of the island can't say the same thing. Let's hope our government does the right thing by Puerto Rico!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Dark Angel » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:36 pm

Wow... I can't even imagine how miserable they must be feeling. But at least they are safe!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby kenaiqueen » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:20 pm

Happy to hear everyone is fine. My step-son is in the National Guard and they are deployed to the US Virgin Islands to help out with relief efforts there. He says it's the finest thing he's been able to do for his country so far. He will be there for a couple of months at least. Here's hoping Mother Nature will settle down for a bit now. (waves at SetsunaKou!)
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Mary Kathryn » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:25 pm

So glad they are getting by okay. Hurricane season can't be over soon enough for me.
Mary Kathryn
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby kiki-chan78 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:10 pm

Honestly, getting REALLY tired of these hurricanes. XD

My husband and I broke down and bought a pre-paid cellphone from the one company (Claro) that actually has service, and we're using the wi-fi from it to get internet. Sprint is probably the most hated company on the island right now.

The water and electricity came back today. Yay! With luck they won't go away. This is the third time we've gotten water service and the first for electricity.

In all honesty, it's been pretty miserable. But, it also could have been LOTS worse. I've been trying not to complain too badly.

It took two days, driving across someone's front lawn, and over several downed power lines for my husband and I to get to see our respective parents. Everyone was fine. My mother-in-law was sobbing in happiness to see us when we drove up. My dad is a Vulcan and totally unfazed about any of this. My sister (stateside) was flipping out due to loss of communication.

It also turns out that Milano cookies can temporarily halt one of my sob sessions. I tend to start weeping uncontrollably when the luxury of running water leaves my home... again.

<3
-Kiki.chan78
kiki-chan78
I snort dolliehs liek candi

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!