Go to footer

OT: Nostalgia trip

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: OT: Nostalgia trip

Postby arrowchild » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:54 pm

I was a TNG junkie when it aired, (and when it ran in syndication in the 90's), and my trek-dom began through that. Picard and Data are still two of my favorite TV characters of all time :) I watched the subsequent spin-offs, but the only one I was ever devoted to was TNG.

Lately, I've revisiting classic trek as well. When I was younger, I used to watch it for it's cheesiness, but as I've been rediscovering it, I've developed a tremendous love for it. And, even though I still maintain that Bones is my favorite character from the original series, I have a massive Spock crush
arrowchild
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Greyhaunt » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:01 am

Stormlight wrote:I grew up on Trek, my mom was a big fan of the original, and I still remember when the premier of TNG came on. Before that, it was a 2 hour episode or movie of I think the ORIGINAL original Trek, the one before Kirk? It involved green women and aliens with giant brains trapping the crew in these caves?

LOL- that was the original pilot episode - in which they did have an actor other than Shatner as captain, and a different doctor as well. It was actually turned into a two part episode of the classic series and it was only in recent years that they went back and took all the "Shatner" bits out and played it as it had originally been filmed. I actually don't think I've ever seen it - so I hope its part of the DVD set that I'm renting.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Tira-chan » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:45 am

If anyone ever wants to watch any Trek, http://www.watchtrek.com/ has all the episodes of everything other than TAS. The original pilot is included as well.
Tira-chan
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Eshalon » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:21 pm

It might be a tad off, but I rediscovered the Spices girls.. for me that is some nostalgia ^_^;
Eshalon
i see dead dolliehs

Postby richila » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:33 pm

Stormlight wrote:I grew up on Trek, my mom was a big fan of the original, and I still remember when the premier of TNG came on. Before that, it was a 2 hour episode or movie of I think the ORIGINAL original Trek, the one before Kirk? It involved green women and aliens with giant brains trapping the crew in these caves?

Yep, that was the pilot that didn't sell. So, they swapped captains for Kirk, made the science officer the first officer and put the women in short skirts.
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby haruredjen » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:13 pm

I love the original series, but I'm also a MAJOR TNG fan!! I freaking love Captain Picard. (the first season of it was just awful though in my opinion) The other series not so much, though I enjoyed Voyager. But Enterprise, oh my god, SUCKED. And I did like the new movie, but mostly because it was just fun, and they did a pretty darned good job of finding actors who looked/behaved like the original characters, especially Spock. Some of the other movies were kinda iffy, even the ones with the original cast. I think my favorite movie was TNG "First Contact". The Borg rock; the perfect bad guys. :D
haruredjen
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!