Go to footer

NaNoWriMo: Taking the plunge

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

NaNoWriMo: Taking the plunge

Postby embyquinn » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:14 pm

I'm on day 10 of NaNoWriMo and I just broke 25k. I'm on fire with this thing the way I haven't been on writing in years, and I'm actually a little proud of myself. I'll be even prouder when I finish the damn book, which I haven't managed to do in...well, I think I've only written ONE finished book in my whole life and it sucked HARD.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Re: NaNoWriMo: Taking the plunge

Postby Trethowan » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:59 am

Awesome! I hope it goes well for you. I'm a terrible writer but that hasn't stopped me yet. ha! I took a bunch of time off to have a baby but now I'm finally sleeping enough to regain some higher brain function. I started writing again about two months ago. It's been an enjoyable experience. Maybe one day Ivan will have his story told.
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:05 am

Best of luck. I write when I can write, it's never on a schedule. I've written some stuff in an idea book though.

Did the book suck in a you can rewrite it better as you've become a better writer or a burn it with fire suck?
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Qrinta » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:01 pm

Awesome! Good luck! ^_^
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby kenaiqueen » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:01 pm

Good job! Been some years since I NaNo'd. November is a horrible month to try to write when you are an adult responsible for making the holidays happen. I've only finished 1 NaNo book but have 2 other unsold manuscripts and multiple fanfics. I don't think I'm ever going to be a professional writer LOL!

Keep up the good work!
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!