Go to footer

Does anybody else do this?

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Does anybody else do this?

Postby mollym » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:19 am

I'm scared to wash anyone's hair. I have brushed out some ratty wigs with some wig conditioner and that went okay..... I do like to look at them everyday and I feel super silly but sometimes I hold them and tell them that I love them and pat them on the back. I don't really do this in front of anyone except my bf because I can be myself around him but anyone else expects me to be a super-adult. I'm with Dark Angel though, everyone has to wear underpants... and they can't wear shoes unless they have socks with the only exceptions being some fancy heels or sandals. I put real diapers on the babies too..... and powder because it smells good. I've not counted, but I'm pretty sure my dolls have more clothes than I do and I hate buying clothes for myself and dress raggedy, but I can't stand for my dolls to be poorly dressed. I hold their little hands sometimes too, they're so small! They do make me feel like a giant! I treat them like little people. Anytime anyone says something about possessed dolls I always reply with a smart remark such as "Well, you should be nice to them and keep on their good side then." That always gives me a chuckle.
Man dolls.... because baby dolls come from somewhere. ;)
mollym
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Postby Den » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:07 pm

When I get offered a doll that didn't fit with someone else, I have a very hard time saying no to that. A lot of my dollkids are second or third hand, because I can't stand the thought of them being passed around without a home. Might just be me projecting, but yeah...
Den
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Tasuke » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:33 am

mollym wrote:I hold their little hands sometimes too, they're so small! They do make me feel like a giant! I treat them like little people.

i dunno, i hold my girls' hands at times when holding them as well.
aside from the cuteness/bonding angle, it does help to stabilize them on a non-rigid/uneven surface...

mollym wrote:I everyone has to wear underpants... and they can't wear shoes unless they have socks with the only exceptions being some fancy heels or sandals.

essentially the same here, though in my case, i make full, coordinated sets of 1/6 Lingerie.

all of my girls, - save for "Artoria Pendragon/Saber" who wears Victorian-style Bloomers - have full sets of undies;
cotton or nylon tricot Panties with lacy elastic waist/leg bands and realistic, double-lined cotton-lined crotch panels/gussets.

their panties are always in the same vintage Brief/Bubble/Granny cut, as i simply just like the way that style looks, strongly suggesting a natural sense of modest and demure femininity about the personality of the character wearing them, at least to me.

equally modest in cut, everyone -again, save for Saber - wears Bralette-style brasseries, utilizing the same lace elastic, and either stockings or socks using yet more of the same elastic lace trim, all color coordinated, White overall, with elastic trim in White, Milky/Pastel Pink, neutral Pink, Pastel Blue or Mint.

i make them all myself from scratch, -been doing it for years- and i've pretty much got it down to a science at this point...

Tasuke
the walls have dolliehs

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!