Go to footer

My Mom is Sick

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

My Mom is Sick

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:11 pm

I'm asking for prayers and good thoughts right now. My 83 year old mother is pretty sick. It started on Friday morning when, around 6:30am she apparently walked in her sleep during a vivid dream, fell and hit her head on something. I ended up taking her to the ER. We were there 6 1/2 hours, half of which was because her blood pressure was 205. The tests for brain injury all came back negative, thankfully, but the waiting for her BP to go down (2 different meds were used) made her agitated and irritable. Yesterday she was weak and tired and spent most of the day in bed, however she did complain of stomach pains after eating some vegetable soup. This morning she felt much better and even sat on the couch reading the newspaper. She had one slice of buttered toast for breakfast (I can't break her of that bad habit....) and about 1:30 she asked for some Pepto for an upset stomach. Then 10 minutes later she threw up. I've talked to both her insurance nurse hotline and the on call PA for our doctor. The PA doesn't want to send her to the ER unless she gets worse because she's afraid my mom's immune system is compromised as it is. So, crossing fingers and toes that she'll be alright until morning and I can just take her in to see her doctor. But it's going to be a long night - I don't know if I'm going to be able to sleep much.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: My Mom is Sick

Postby Dark Angel » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:53 pm

I'm sorry! Your mother (and you and your family) are in my thoughts.

It's interesting that she's feeling nauseous. I wonder if her equilibrium is off. Is she dizzy at all? Maybe it's an inner ear thing that's making her feel sick.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:35 am

Send good thoughts and hoping things go smoothly for her. Do take care.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:17 am

I hope all ends up being OK. Sending good thoughts to you both.
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Kirahfaye » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:04 am

She has an appointment early this afternoon with the same PA I talked to last night. She feels better so far, just very weak and a bit disorientated. She keeps saying that every time she comes up here she gets sick and I have to remind her she'd lived up here since August.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby Kirahfaye » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:35 pm

Well the good news is there's no brain injury. The bad news is my mom is in the hospital overnight for observation.

We got to the doctor's office, went up to the front desk and my mom passed out, hitting her head on the floor and cutting it open. She ended up at a hospital 45 minutes from the house because the one close by isn't set up for brain injuries. She has no memory of even going to the doctor's office let alone the fall.

I getting tired of hearing "there's nothing wrong". Something is wrong. She's fallen 2 times in 4 days. How is it that there's nothing wrong?!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby Qrinta » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:48 pm

Praying for your Family Kirahfaye! I hope you find someone who actually listens and gives you an answer.
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta

Postby SetsunaKou » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:06 pm

:hugs: I've been praying for your mom and your whole family, KirahFaye-san!! :hugs again: I hope all will be well soon for you!!!
God be with you!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Stormlight » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:14 am

My friend told me another friend of hers was in an accident and somehow managed to break a tiny, extremely delicate bone inside her ear that pretty much is what keeps your equilibrium balanced and all that. She had to have surgery to have it fixed because it’s not something that will heal correctly on its own. Perhaps something similar happened to your mom the first time she fell?

I really hope they find out what’s wrong and can fix it and she’ll be okay. :(
Stormlight

Postby Kirahfaye » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:50 am

Thank's everyone! And that's interesting, Stormlight. I don't know if the doctors will consider my input but I will certainly bring that up.

My mom called me 3 times in 15 minutes around 3:30am wanting to come home. She's tired and agitated and irritated.... To say I didn't sleep well either would be an understatement. I think I finally fell asleep about the time my husband's alarm started going off at 5:30..... /yawn

The unit doctor has to come by and check my mom before I will know when she can come home. That should be by 11am from want the nurse told me when I called earlier. Crossing fingers my mom doesn't alienate all the nurses on the floor in the meantime. J/K .... sort of .....
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!