Go to footer

My Mom is Sick

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: My Mom is Sick

Postby victoriavictrix » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:24 am

Kirahfaye wrote:I told her not to take her am blood pressure pill, but she has short term memory issues and did anyway.

Yeah, there's your fainting issue, right there. She went from high blood pressure to low blood pressure in twenty minutes.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:23 am

victoriavictrix wrote:
Kirahfaye wrote:I told her not to take her am blood pressure pill, but she has short term memory issues and did anyway.

Yeah, there's your fainting issue, right there. She went from high blood pressure to low blood pressure in twenty minutes.

It's hard because she isn't what she used to be, you know..... She's also not completely "who" she use to be, either. Both are disconcerting and upsetting. Especially since none of the medical professionals seem to think there's any concern with dementia, senility or Alzheimer's.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:39 am

victoriavictrix wrote:

That really does sound like the most likely cause.

My other half has high blood pressure. The doc increased his med dose as the lower dose wasn't helping as much as it could. About a week after he started feeling dizzy standing up and over the course of a month it went from a bit dizzy to needing to plan standing up so he wouldn't collapse straight back down. Turns out he also gets postural hypotension and the increased dose was making it far worse.
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:41 am

Kirahfaye wrote:
victoriavictrix wrote:

It's hard because she isn't what she used to be, you know..... She's also not completely "who" she use to be, either. Both are disconcerting and upsetting. Especially since none of the medical professionals seem to think there's any concern with dementia, senility or Alzheimer's.

You'd think they'd listen to someone who knows her better than they do. *hugs* It does sound really hard on you.
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!