Go to footer

My Mom is Sick

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: My Mom is Sick

Postby richila » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:08 am

Keeping you and your mom in my prayers.
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Kirahfaye » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:00 pm

It looks that, while my mom's blood pressure is starting to normalize, she will spend another night in the hospital for observation. She had more tests done today including an MRI this afternoon. My husband and I will be heading out when he gets home to visit with her, but she seems much better than she did at 3:30 this morning.... I haven't said anything to her about that yet. I'm not even sure she'd remember calling me then.

I expect that she'll come home sometime tomorrow, barring anything unforeseen.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Kirahfaye » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:11 pm

I am frustrated so I hope you all don't mind me venting a little in here.

The doctor decided my mom needs to stay one more day for observation..... I got a call from the Care Coordinator who asked me things like does she use a wheelchair, would she benefit from a walker, should we contract a in-home nurse or assistant to help her get around? WHAT?! How am I supposed to know? My mother was physically healthy and capable of taking care of herself last Thursday. She PASSED out and cut her head. The fall before that (Friday) happened because she apparently was walking in her sleep. How will walkers or wheelchairs or even an in-home assistant stop that from happening?! We don't even know if she has an equilibrium or weakness problem because they haven't let her walk in the hospital! Instead of trying to administer a bandage, why don't we find out WHAT the problem IS!!

ARG!!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby Eseme » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:59 pm

Oh my gosh, that sounds so frustrating. First no one has any idea what is wrong and then they try to put the card before the horse.

It is fine to vent - we all need to sometimes, and you are in a situation that would stress anyone out.

All the best to you and your family.

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:05 pm

I'm sorry you are having all these difficulties with the people who are supposed to be helping. It's hard to find good docs who specialize in geriatrics. I hope you can get it all sorted out soon and that your mom will be on the mend.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:04 pm

I thought I had already updated here - opps. My mom is home and safely tucked in bed. The doctor says he thinks it might be an issue with her medication - either its the change in her meds recently or that she is not keeping track of what she's taking like she used to. I know for a fact (because she told me) that one day last week (I'm banking on it being Thursday) she took both her AM and PM meds within 6 hours of each other because she'd forgotten to take her pills in the morning..... Well that won't happen anymore because I will be in charge of her meds from now on.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby victoriavictrix » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:03 am

Kirahfaye wrote: I know for a fact (because she told me) that one day last week (I'm banking on it being Thursday) she took both her AM and PM meds within 6 hours of each other because she'd forgotten to take her pills in the morning.....

I think you have uncovered the problem.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:26 am

There are pill cap timers that can help with knowing if you took medication or not.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kirahfaye » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:56 pm

victoriavictrix wrote:
Kirahfaye wrote: I know for a fact (because she told me) that one day last week (I'm banking on it being Thursday) she took both her AM and PM meds within 6 hours of each other because she'd forgotten to take her pills in the morning.....

I think you have uncovered the problem.

I think so too. Now to get her used to not handling her medication herself...... She's a very independent woman. :D
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby Kirahfaye » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:59 pm

DollyKim wrote:There are pill cap timers that can help with knowing if you took medication or not.

I got her a new pill container (the one she had looked to be about 15 years old - ech) so her meds are separated into AM and PM - and day of the week of course. It's just that she thought she should take her morning pills even though it was about 5pm. I told her not to take her am blood pressure pill, but she has short term memory issues and did anyway.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!