Go to footer

Help! Need opinions on ebay doll! UPDATE!

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Help! Need opinions on ebay doll! UPDATE!

Postby kenaiqueen » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:57 pm

I'm looking at this doll on ebay and I'm not savvy enough about buying resin BJD's there to know if this is too good to be true. Need some opinions from those of you with more smarts than me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fairyland-Mini ... 1438.l2649

Do you think this is a recast? In their feedback, one person claims that a doll they bought is a recast. However, I did look on the official Fairyland (English) site and this is the same price they have minus shipping/customs etc. I don't want a recast but I don't want to pay the price I've seen at an online US retailer which is much, much higher. I checked on the photos they posted, and while some are the Fairyland official photos, some are unique according to my Google search. They say the doll is located in China, but the seller is in Brazil according to ebay. I would be covered by both ebay and Paypal so I probably wouldn't be out the money, but I hate to let scammers have anything.

I like the doll a lot, but again...don't want to get a recast. So, opinions? Advice? Help, me obi wans!
Last edited by kenaiqueen on Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: Help! Need opinions on ebay doll!

Postby Stormlight » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:01 pm

Yes. This is definitely a recast. Legit Minifee sell for over $400. Pretty much ANY Fairyland doll you find on Ebay will most likely be recast, especially if they come from Chinese sellers. Same thing goes for Iplehouse, Volks, and Soom bjds (the most often recasted companies). Your best bet is to avoid ebay when it comes to buying resin unless you do some research. Check out the prices of the dolls on the company sites and compare. If the ebay prices seem too good to be true, they most definitely are.

Edit: That is to say, there might be legitimate sellers on Ebay who are authorized dealers for BJD companies, but you'll need to check with the companies to find out which sellers they are. Needless to say, there aren't a lot of them, and there are definitely more recast sellers than legit on Ebay. I've even seen recast sellers on Amazon.com.
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:08 pm

Stormlight beat me to it. Definitely a recast!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby kenaiqueen » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:49 pm

I was afraid of that. Thanks Stormlite & Dark Angel. I'll have to keep on looking.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby zirconmermaid » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:26 pm

There are some on DOA, but again, starting around $350.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby kenaiqueen » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:39 pm

zirconmermaid wrote:There are some on DOA, but again, starting around $350.

Thanks, but I don't do DOA. I have 2 Kaye Wiggs I'm waiting on anyway, so maybe I'll start looking again later this year.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:51 pm

You could also try other social medias. I know that people buy dolls from Instagram and Facebook. (I'm on a couple of Facebook groups, never done Instagram)
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel

Postby Kirahfaye » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:13 am

I believe that the only authorized US site for Fairyland is Denver Doll Emporium.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Dark Angel » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:53 pm

kenaiqueen wrote:However, I did look on the official Fairyland (English) site and this is the same price they have minus shipping/customs etc.

Wait, I'm confused... You mean the $145ish price tag? Because when I looked on the official site, it's $300+

What website did you go to?

This is the official website:
http://dollfairyland.com/index.php
My Family:
Dark Angel

Postby Stormlight » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:28 pm

I don't think Fairyland sells any of their dolls for under $200. Their tiniest Realpuki start around $197, but that's sans-faceup and with no extras included.
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!