Go to footer

Help! Need opinions on ebay doll! UPDATE!

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Help! Need opinions on ebay doll!

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:59 pm

Dark Angel wrote:
kenaiqueen wrote:However, I did look on the official Fairyland (English) site and this is the same price they have minus shipping/customs etc.

Wait, I'm confused... You mean the $145ish price tag? Because when I looked on the official site, it's $300+

What website did you go to?

This is the official website:
http://dollfairyland.com/index.php

Well, I thought that was the one I went to, but apparently not. Moot point anyway. I'm an artist and writer and I get the concept of idea theft, so I won't be buying a recast under any circumstances. I'll just keep that doll on the backburner til we get out from under some debts and if I can swing it, I'll buy one from Denver Doll.
Last edited by kenaiqueen on Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:00 pm

I don't know if it's a help or a temptation, but DDE does offer layaways....... just saying...... :mrgreen:
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:13 pm

Kirahfaye wrote:I don't know if it's a help or a temptation, but DDE does offer layaways....... just saying...... :mrgreen:

You are evil! :D Still...have to wait and make sure I'll have a job after the fiscal year ends in July.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Dark Angel » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:20 pm

Good luck! She's a really cute sculpt, and I've been a fan of Minifee's for a looooong time. Well worth the money!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Re: Help! Need opinions on ebay doll! UPDATE!

Postby kenaiqueen » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:40 pm

I was able to find what I'm told is a genuine, good used minifee Chloe on a type A body. She is white skinned which was not my first choice but she had a good price, was in good shape and from a good seller. She's going to need a new faceup but other than that, I think she was meant to be mine. I'll post pics when I get her!
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:10 am

Congratulations! I have an older white (beauty green) skin ShuShu - one of my two grails. I think you will certainly love your Chloe!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby kenaiqueen » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:49 pm

She's here!
ImageAngel1 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr

Def needs a new face. Will be shipping her out for that later this week. She didn't come with a COA. Is there anyway to tell if she is genuine? I'm sure she is since the Resin Café is so strong on no recasts, but I'd like to be sure for myself. BTW, she renamed herself Angel. I might have to end up calling her Chloe Angel tho.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Stormlight » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:18 pm

She's really cute! I know the older dolls didn't have COAs (everything from before 2014 or 15, I think?), so that might be why she didn't come with one. With smaller dolls like Littlefee or Pukifee, missing magnets where there should be magnets installed is always a sign of a recast. Don't think minifee have magnets anywhere other than hands and feet. The M-line body has magnets in the back for wings and the newer heads also have magnets, but I don't think the older ones do.
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby kenaiqueen » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:21 am

She has magnets in her head and hands, but the feet are attached by a loop of the elastic. I don't see any magnets in the back. I tried on a smaller size wig and like the fit much better. She came with a 7/8 but they are very loose. The 6/7 looks better to me. She fits into my Ellowyne clothes pretty well and not too badly into some American Model boots but her feet are huge LOL! I'll need to look for something better for her. Any suggestions on where/size to look for footwear would be appreciated.

ImageAngel3 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:22 am

Most recasters don't bother to put the sculpt and FL numbers in the inside of the head, so if they are there, you should be good to go. My ShuShu was made in 2007 before COAs. There are lots of shoes out there to fit MMF now adays. American Model can fit, but not perfectly, as you've discovered. Hey, be thankful she doesn't have Moe feet! :lol:
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!