Go to footer

'Welcome to Marwen

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: 'Welcome to Marwen

Postby WhiteDove01s » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:51 am

DollyKim wrote:If they still make Lincoln Logs those should be about right for the start of a 1/6 log cabin.

I feel the lack of safe space for building for the dolls. What about making a chickenwire cage to put around any outdoor constructions? Or putting them up on poles or other ways bird feeders are squirrel proofed?

I've got access to plenty of actual wood and the occasional garden trimmings that would be the right size for starting a mini log cabin. Hmm... the poles idea isn't a bad one, and makes me think of making some kind of swamp house on stilts down on the part of the yard that floods every time it rains more than a day in a row.

Or maybe something more like a theater... I wanted to do that indoors but the EO has taken over every available space she can for her jewelry and there's no room left in my room due to all the stuff I've had to move out of her way. That would be off the ground and the scenery in the stage area could be changed. Still wouldn't help where I'm plotting things to do with the yard this year and would really like that to include something not unlike those popular Fairy Gardens, just on a bigger scale. XD

davidd wrote:I can't imagine that he leaves the actual dolls and figures outside. He obviously works with higher-end figures with a lot of expensive accessories.

That's true... the dolls themselves were probably only outside as long as a photo shoot took. Still, we've had groundhogs here, and now have a dog that loves to chew sticks. (And plastic, and fabric, and is very VERY interested in dolls, though hasn't swiped and chewed one up - yet.) So I'm not sure even a set would last long. And I often have to leave off things I'm doing with very little notice or time to pack up, so there's too much a concern something would get left behind.

... and I think I've drifted off-topic, or at least semi-so, maybe...

It looks like the DVD is already showing up some places for preorders that won't ship until sometime in March. Walmart.com has it for a little under $20 here: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Welcome-to-M ... /736625457

I doubt the EO would agree to paying that much for a film (or to any more preorders after 2/3 of our xmas ones for the Barbie Babysitters sibling sets were cancelled on us by Amazon), but that does let me know that around March I can start bargain-shopping.
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:26 am

The dolls and I know what it's like to only have one safe room for us and our everything from people and critters. New dog loves plastic.

A theater is a great idea. If our walls here weren't made of paper I would have put in plate rail level shelves for displaying some of my dolls and toys.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby WhiteDove01s » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:43 am

DollyKim wrote:The dolls and I know what it's like to only have one safe room for us and our everything from people and critters. New dog loves plastic.

A theater is a great idea. If our walls here weren't made of paper I would have put in plate rail level shelves for displaying some of my dolls and toys.

I'm currently working on a cardboard doll storage shelf system that is meant to be completely self-supporting in a corner over my loft bed. There's only a few pushpins right now (and that shouldn't be needed when it's complete) holding it to the wall and the bottom edge rests on the bedrail. So far the boxes added to it are holding the weight of the dolls in them, including relatively-heavy bratz. I plan to post how-to videos if it works out, but until it's finished and I get the rest of the boxes on (which could take a while to get just the right size boxes), it's still kind of theoretical as to whether it will take all the finished weight and not fall over on me while I'm sleeping. I think my physics is sound, but it's literally been decades since that old Odyssey Of The Mind competition in gifted class where we were expected to build a bridge that could take several lbs of weight out of balsa wood... and I didn't get to finish that.
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!