Go to footer

Tonner Announcement!!!!

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Tonner Announcement!!!!

Postby Kirahfaye » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:07 pm

Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: Tonner Announcement!!!!

Postby WhiteDove01s » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:28 am

I... honestly don't know what to think. The only 'big' doll (for me, anyway, and not counting fabric body babies like CPK and so on) is a Tonner Antoinette Cameo that was also my first faceup job. (Though Toni insists she's actually 1/6 scale to fit in with my other dolls, and just happens to be a giantess XD)

I guess all that can be said is that nothing lasts forever... and that there's always something new.
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kirahfaye » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:16 am

Yeah, I was floored when I got the email. I only have one Tonner at the moment, and am not active in the community, so I guess there might have been prior information out there, but I sure wasn't aware of it.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby SetsunaKou » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:57 am

Thanks for the heads up on this, Kirahfaye-san! I buy Tonners every so often, especially the male dolls for their bodies to use in custom doll making and this is a big shocker! Tonner is such a big deal to go out of business in this way! :cries:

I guess I'd better stock up on as many male bodies as I can before prices shoot up. ^^ Thanks again!!!!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby kenaiqueen » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:11 pm

The majority of my collection are Tonners, but I've slowed down on acquiring any new ones for some time now, so it doesn't really affect me all that much. I'll be sorry to see the loss of the doll hospital since that was a resource that I might have needed. I will miss new clothes for the dolls I do have too, but again...didn't buy that much recently anyway. Robert will still be around and making some new dolls still tho. He's a wonderful designer.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby mollym » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:02 pm

Awe, that's a bit sad. I'm glad Robert is remaining active in the collector community. He is well loved by the UFDC (United Federation of Doll Clubs) and one of the few makers that take regular time to make appearances at collector conventions. I am looking forward to the new projects, even if they are not dolls that will join my collection. He does make beautiful dolls, and I'm a fan of the male dolls especially. Thanks for the update!
Man dolls.... because baby dolls come from somewhere. ;)
mollym
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Postby Kirahfaye » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:29 pm

My favorite Ebay seller resells a huge amount of Tonner dolls, clothing and accessories. I wonder how this is going to affect her business.....
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!