Go to footer

Finally putting it out there

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Finally putting it out there

Postby embyquinn » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:46 pm

Well, after all the drama I talked about in the http://dolliehsanctuary.com/sanctuary/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12981&start=10 other thread, it may seem odd that I'm talking about something not onlhy completely unrelated but also pretty self-promoting...but I had this planned before all the hospital drama, and my baby made me promise that I wouldn't back out. So here we go.

I'm self-publishing the NaNoWriMo novel I wrote two years ago, finally. I don't know if it will do anything, but at least I'm accomplishing it. If anyone's interested in reading it, it's published under this name, Emby Quinn. The title is Variant. It's a modern science fantasy with themes of prejudice, persecution, paranoia, and being ostracized for being different.

I'm publishing it on my loved one's birthday, which is today, January 19th.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Finally putting it out there

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:45 am

Awesome! I don't know anything about self publishing, so IM me with the link please.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby richila » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:33 pm

Congratulations! I plan to put a book out later this year.
Do you know about this Facebook group for Independent authors?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/20Booksto50k/
This book has been really helpful.
[url]Become a Successful Indie Author: Work Toward Your Writing Dream https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07BQX2X24/ ... jEb5N162RW[/url]

I'm glad to see that your book is on Kindle Unlimited!
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby kenaiqueen » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:03 am

Bravo for your accomplishment! I hope to publish an adult book someday. (I have out 3 kids books with my sister.)
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby richila » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:52 am

I enjoyed your book. The story is nice and tight. I really like the characters and the world you built. When will there be more?
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby embyquinn » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:44 am

Thank you for the read! I might follow some other characters, and I might even visit the ones from this book later on down the line. Right now I'm focusing on a collection of short horror stories that I actually started before writing Variant. It's in my first love genre--Southern Gothic horror--and I should be bringing it out this spring.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!